7.3 with T4 SXE Turbo??

2000XLifted

Reaction score
Hi all,

Finally moving over to a T4 set up in my truck. Have decided to go with the Borg Warner SXE line. Is anyone running this style turbo with stock or close to stock fuel.?? Looking for guys who primarily tow, what size are you running and does it get going similar to a stock unit? My 38r was a real pile of junk spooling up... don't want that again. Was thinking 63/73 or 63/68

Anyone running similar? Thanks!

rusty1161

Reaction score
I have a 1997 with 363 SXE and 160/30 injectors, E4OD and 3.73 gears. I haven't towed heavier than 6,000 pounds yet, but it does well. Way better than the D66 this setup replaced. I have the 63/73 turbo.

Rusty

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Do you ever plan on upgrading injectors? If so, consider the 364.5 w/ .91 housing. That is the one we sell the most of. It will work fine with stock sticks and a tune too, but really shows it's colors when you throw more fuel at it.

If you are set staying with stock sticks, the 363 would likely be the best option.

Countrycar

Reaction score
Hi all,

Finally moving over to a T4 set up in my truck. Have decided to go with the Borg Warner SXE line. Is anyone running this style turbo with stock or close to stock fuel.?? Looking for guys who primarily tow, what size are you running and does it get going similar to a stock unit? My 38r was a real pile of junk spooling up... don't want that again. Was thinking 63/73 or 63/68

Anyone running similar? Thanks!
Take a look at the T4 thread on the 7.3 performance forums. It's all recent and new information of a few guys that have recently switched over to the SXE line.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.