8 Short bolts, 4 long bolts and 4 studs on 6.4 Exhaust Manifolds??

Carlo C.

Reaction score
Guys,
I am putting all the accessories on my new engine from Jasper and I had to stop when I got to the exhaust manifolds. I had all the bolts from the manifolds labeled in a ziplock. When I took them out and separated them I have 4 Long bolts, 4 studs ang 8 short bolts. I am pretty sure I know where the 4 studs go (Passenger side front 4 for the heat shield) I am just not sure where the 4 long bolts go? I ordered all new bolts and studs from Ford, But I can not find anything that tells me where the placement goes. Even the diagram from ford does not show where the long bolts go. If any of you guys can help it would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is a video or breakdown of what goes on first when assembling the long block that would be a big help.

Thanks
Carlo C.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Guys,
I am putting all the accessories on my new engine from Jasper and I had to stop when I got to the exhaust manifolds. I had all the bolts from the manifolds labeled in a ziplock. When I took them out and separated them I have 4 Long bolts, 4 studs ang 8 short bolts. I am pretty sure I know where the 4 studs go (Passenger side front 4 for the heat shield) I am just not sure where the 4 long bolts go? I ordered all new bolts and studs from Ford, But I can not find anything that tells me where the placement goes. Even the diagram from ford does not show where the long bolts go. If any of you guys can help it would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is a video or breakdown of what goes on first when assembling the long block that would be a big help.

Thanks
Carlo C.

Long bolts are the front ones on the drivers side and hold the horizontal egr cooler bracket to the manifold. If that bracket is missing, then you’d use 4 more short bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlo C.

Reaction score
Long bolts are the front ones on the drivers side and hold the horizontal egr cooler bracket to the manifold. If that bracket is missing, then you’d use 4 more short bolts.

6.0 Tech,

Thank you very much. Is there an exploded view or a step by step to installing parts on the long block anywhere to be found?

Thanks
Carlo

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The ford manual has it, as does stuff like alldata, Mitchell, etc. Usually we just do the opposite of removing the parts, which does get difficult when it’s been months since it’s been apart. Could also try googling, I’m sure people have posted it somewhere, I don’t have anything I can attach, sorry.

Latest posts

Members online