911!!! Stuck In Limon Colorado!!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I need help from someone in Colorado Springs. I cant get to an auto parts store before they close. Someone there please pm me your number if you don't mind helping.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
The E99 started running rough. Then it sounded like it was missing on 1 cylinder. Then 2. Then it got worse and worse until it wouldn't start. Now it seems to only fire on one cylinder. Before it died for the last time I started it and it ran good for a second and slowly started missing more and more until it died. We waited a bit and it did the same thing again. Now it won't start at all. CPS maybe? ICP sensor completely shot? HPOP? No smoke whatsoever, no diesel smell in the exhaust, got fuel pressure, fairly new injectors, and a few other things. The one time I didn't bring my snapon scanner.........

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Well the good news is the Limon Colorado has more Limos per capita than any other city in the nation. LOL Sorry I couldn't resist that is one of the few things I remember when I was there way back in 2003... riding in a limo....

Anyway - if you think its a CPS - do you have a tach signal? If you unplug your ICP sensor does it start/run any different? Its probably just the CPS - but any diagnostics you can do to narrow it down since you have to travel for parts would be good.

Good luck.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well guys bad news is I have to stay the night in Colorado springs. Good news is I figured it out. The fuel pump decided to take a crap. It runs for a couple seconds and quits. That's why when I checked it for pressure it was good. But right after I checked it it quit again. Gonna get a new pump tomorrow. Thanks guys! The one time I forget my scanner on a long trip........

DocBar

Reaction score
I bet that leaves a sour taste in your mouth... :thumbsup:

I'm glad it's something easy, if inconvenient.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
We left the truck at a friends house and went on to Colorado springs for the night. Fixed it the next morning. The day after we get back home this thing is getting a dual pump fuel system and a fuel pressure gauge...... And an srp-1. Just for good measure. Lol!

Latest posts

Members online