95 7.3 low icp low icp duty cycle

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
I have a 95 f250 i swapped a 7.3 into this past spring. The motor came out of a 94 5 truck i totalled a few years back that truck wud pull hard and it ran great sense i put it in this truck it constantly hazes 'i have a ts and watermeth' so i hooked up the AE and check a few things my icp only goes to 2700 with the ts with out the ts it oblt goes to 2550 my ipr only goes to 35%. These were taken in 4th and 5th fo about 45 seconds on a steep hill between 2k and 3k rpm. I tried it with the icp sensor unplugged it defaulted to 2740 and my ipr went to 36% truck still hazed and didnt run any better. I am thinking maybe ipr sticking and not closing more? I am just concerned because i am looking into stage 1s and i dont wanna do them and drop the preasure more. Any help or insight is appreciated. Also im not to sure what the pcm uses to command more hpo but my map sensor reading go to 18psi and when i turn my meth on it pulls way harder but only says 15lbs. And my old truck wud build 25 psi and like i said its the same motor and everything. Thanks in advance

golfer

Reaction score
if it's not throwing a CEL (P1211 code) annnnd not maxing out the IPR%, then there's your answer.

The PCM is absolutely happy with that pressure...ie, that's all the chip is commanding under those conditions.

also, those ICP values wouldn't have anything to do with the exhaust hazing.

Last edited:

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Isnt 3200 the desired wot icp? I put full12v to my ipr and it built 3800 psi cranking so i know that pump and ipr work thanks for the comment. But 600 psi of oil wud be 4200 psi of fuel preasure i didnt know if that wud cause hazing or not.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Isnt 3200 the desired wot icp? I put full12v to my ipr and it built 3800 psi cranking so i know that pump and ipr work thanks for the comment. But 600 psi of oil wud be 4200 psi of fuel preasure i didnt know if that wud cause hazing or not.
not unless the tune/pcm commands it. it sounds like it is stock tuning though..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

As golfer said, it depends on what the tune is asking for. Different stock calibrations command different pressures under WOT situations, and when you get into aftermarket tuning this can vary even more. For instance, in a lot of our tunes, we only command 2600psi. In some others, we command 3000psi. Heck, we even have guys running extreme ICP tunes under their request, which command 3800-4000psi.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.