99'-03' Overhead Console Repair

Enoch

Reaction score
After the overhead console went out, had someone try and solder it, took it to a electronics repair shop (told me to buy a new one), and it still broke I jumped on ebay to look for one.

Well I found the guy that you send yours to and he takes it replaces the resistors that needs to be replaced and does the 7 or so updates and ships it back.
Got it back today, absolutely 100% happy with the service and it is nice and bright like it should be. Quick turn around too, and for $34.99 total and about $6 to ship, to me was an excellent $41 spent.
Especially after seeing what new and used one's are going for and knowing they'll end up needing the same thing.

I hope this isn't regarded and spam, because I looked for solutions and after trying them all, still had a broke overhead console. For the trouble and headache trying to find someone local to fix it and driving around with it missing and the wire hanginf for 2 weeks, I would've rather just had this guy's info 1st, so just posting it up to help others with the same problem.

Here's the guys ebay link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251020414060?item=251020414060&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Here it is, yey!

IMAG1071.png

SootPowered

Reaction score
Yeah man, there's really nothing to it. It was prolly a lifted resistor. Most times that's what it is with those over head consoles. Looks good though, nice and bright.

Dustin34520

Reaction score
I just saved them as a seller, just in case mine goes out and I don't feel like messing with it. I can attempt to repair it myself and if I can't I'll just send it to them. Thanks

Enoch

Reaction score
Yeah man, there's really nothing to it. It was prolly a lifted resistor. Most times that's what it is with those over head consoles. Looks good though, nice and bright.

I'm sure it was, and if it wasn't, the guy that tried to fix it made sure it was. lol That thing was all sorts of warped after he tried to solder it.

Those resistors are tiny and they replace parts etc. So IMO $35 and they replace parts and do the 7 updates, can't go wrong.

Still looking for the guy that sells the refurbished steering wheels with the burlwood. They were $299, but once he recieved your core back he refunds $100. My steering wheel is nasty.

BTW: Dustin, if that's you lifted van in your avatar, that is super cool. You have a thread going on it, I would like to read up on it and check it out?

Last edited:

Dustin34520

Reaction score
I'm sure it was, and if it wasn't, the guy that tried to fix it made sure it was. lol That thing was all sorts of warped after he tried to solder it.

Those resistors are tiny and they replace parts etc. So IMO $35 and they replace parts and do the 7 updates, can't go wrong.

Still looking for the guy that sells the refurbished steering wheels with the burlwood. They were $299, but once he recieved your core back he refunds $100. My steering wheel is nasty.

BTW: Dustin, if that's you lifted van in your avatar, that is super cool. You have a thread going on it, I would like to read up on it and check it out?

Thanks man, it was my van :( when I was deployed to Iraq. Built it there. I didn't start a thread on it but I have more pics and info on this thread.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15578

Latest posts

Members online