'99.5 No Start: Stumped and Crunched on Time

Freerider15

Reaction score
My truck being down is really causing a lot of headaches.

Me traveling for work right now, makes these headaches even worse.

Truck: '99.5, 7.3L, 140k on the clock

The problem: Not starting. It will crank, and crank, and crank...but nothing.
- No smoke
- Tach moves (to approximately 100 RPM)
- WTS light comes on and off as normal
- Oil Pressure gauge takes a little longer than I'm used to for it to hit pressure and the warning light to go off.
- New batteries (like literally went and put new Interstate MegaTrons in a few hours ago).
- Glow plugs replaced about 6 months ago with Motorcraft ZD-11's
- GPR replaced with Stancor about a month ago.
- No fuses blown that I can find
- Fuel filter changed less than 1k ago

Essentially, I've got either a low oil pressure or low fuel problem as I'm guessing the truck isn't getting fuel (hence no smoke).

- Fuel bowl verified to have diesel in it, opened the drain valve it it flowed nicely as it should.

The only thing I can see different offhand...is unplugging the ICP. If I unplug the ICP, it will stumble VERY lightly like it wants to possibly catch, but still won't.

Backstory: The truck has been sitting for over a month, since the PCM fried. Took it to PHP (I'm traveling to Georgia for work right now), and had them reflash a new PCM and verify it and the PHP Hydra were working, and working together just fine.

Got it put back in the truck, and with new batteries...I have a WTS light and all that fun stuff. Now...I just have to figure out the next part of why it's not starting.

Thoughts?

Once my girlfriend gets back to the house I'll have her cycle the key to make sure the fuel pump is working (though I doubt that's it offhand).

ICP? It should start and run at least with the ICP unplugged. Not really seeing much of any oil in it, and it was replaced as well not that long ago (less than 1k miles).

Normally I'd do even more searching than I already have over the last couple hours...but I'm in a pretty bad time crunch before I have to leave again.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Without data log or code detail you're guessing.. Did it start great before the pcm flash?

Have you plugged it in for a few hours?

Jomax

Reaction score
Unplug the chip and try to start it.

Also your IPR can be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
He also has another thread going on the exact same thing.
To which he replied and said it was the batteries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online