A few 6.4 questions

08KR

Reaction score
First off the truck is 08 job 3 with 83k, auto, 4x4

First question I deleted the truck about a year ago and ran H&S but wanted to play a little more so I just upgraded to SCT Livewire.

First question, I hate the high idle is this normal for canned tunes?

Next alot of the gauges seem off:
-Exhaust backpressure reads 150-370????
-FRP-24-47????
-Oil Temp 92-94???(this may be because I came from a Dodge which has no oil cooler)

Every since I loaded the SCT it shows a wrench light and at idle will sound like a "miss" or hesitation every so often. Normal??

Thanks in advance guys/gals

jdgleason

Reaction score
The elevate idle is because you probably don't have your sensors in the exhaust... Correct? With the SCT you need to at least have the sensors plugged in I believe. As for the wrench, it's probably an over boost code due to having the new ford flash. I believe there is an update for the livewire for this.

08KR

Reaction score
Metric...Thats just dumb. Its America lol, makes sense now does custom tunes fix this?

I have three of the four egt sensors in, the last one wouldnt budge.

So will custom tunes fix all this nonsense....Metric readings, high rev... oh and my Tow/Haul sucks now doesnt downshift nearly as good as before.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
You need each and every sensor and the hi-idle will go away..... No custom tunes will not fix it.

Tow/Haul with gearhead tuning is fantastic, so that might possibly get better with tuning. But the rest of it is probably something you need to change on the truck or just accept (the metric readings)

08KR

Reaction score
Ok looks like ill need to buy another sensor... Im going to get custom tunes. I was pretty happy with H&S but the SCT is alot cleaner and spools quicker and gets better MPG.

Innovative has all there tunes listed what about gearhead what do they offer?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Tow, street, hot street, and race. Matt at gearhead highly recommends studs for his race. The hot street with tow haul od lockout worked great for me towing lighter loads. Can't go wrong with Innovative either.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Ok looks like ill need to buy another sensor... Im going to get custom tunes. I was pretty happy with H&S but the SCT is alot cleaner and spools quicker and gets better MPG.

Innovative has all there tunes listed what about gearhead what do they offer?

ECT is not metric...I guess SCT is bipolar

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Metric...Thats just dumb. Its America lol, makes sense now does custom tunes fix this?

I have three of the four egt sensors in, the last one wouldnt budge.

So will custom tunes fix all this nonsense....Metric readings, high rev... oh and my Tow/Haul sucks now doesnt downshift nearly as good as before.

heat the bung itself with the torch, NOT THE FITTING OF THE SENSOR, glowing hot, holding all wiring straight up and pulling GENTLY. it will fall out when hot enough.

same goes with the one that just looks like a piece of tubing. heat the bung glowing, and turn with a wrench.

i just did this 2 days ago.

Latest posts

Members online