a quick vid

mandkole

Reaction score
Forgive the spastic hand on the phone. Never shot a vid of the truck running before, so I thought Id use it to watch the gauges a little closer. A 30 mph rollon up a 3% grade and held it to about 90 or so. In the hot street (140, I guess) file..

th_IMG_0470.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I'm seeing 1300* on the egt. FP looks good...good amount of boost...and that ball bearing sound...:naughty: Looks good man!

How is it just drivin around?

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
it drives great.. the 42 is very responsive when empty and runs very clean. I usually drive it in the 80 file, but it was in the 140 that time. You would have seen just a haze when I first started getting in it and a little puff when it hit OD. When towing, the rpms need to stay up and its dial a boost. Cota did a nice job on it and I didnt have to build it...love this truck.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm always wondering how people can gauge what percentage of a grade their going up

mandkole

Reaction score
Geez... lol. It was an educated guess based on the test track at the hyster/ Yale fork truck development center. 3% is not real steep

mandkole

Reaction score
I like that setup... seems a little quieter also. Gordo did some good sound damping work, but there are moments when the 42 just sounds like its in cab with you. My FIL said he could hear it 2 blocks away.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I like that setup... seems a little quieter also. Gordo did some good sound damping work, but there are moments when the 42 just sounds like its in cab with you. My FIL said he could hear it 2 blocks away.

I have NO firewall insulation... I have added some tar based insulation to the floor boards from the carpet back, but I removed the firewall insulation after the Green motor popped.

The H2e is pretty quiet, but it has its moments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVEJ1Ob4jzE

Thats with the old Blue motor...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Nice. How's it tow?

Myself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7xTTxPS1yo

I've got a new tune from Tony Wildman that I am interested to see how it does towing. I know driving empty from home this week I was seeing EGT's at 600*-700* at 65-70 which is about 100* lower then I was seeing before.

Still working on some new changes that should get me down a bit more... I have a Billet wheel for the H2e and another "thing"... LOL

alradco

Reaction score
Myself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7xTTxPS1yo

I've got a new tune from Tony Wildman that I am interested to see how it does towing. I know driving empty from home this week I was seeing EGT's at 600*-700* at 65-70 which is about 100* lower then I was seeing before.

Still working on some new changes that should get me down a bit more... I have a Billet wheel for the H2e and another "thing"... LOL

Looks like it tows real well.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Nice! Do you have a vid of the spedo?
Looks like a strong runner.
And sounds great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.