A truck with a different goal in mind...

jdgleason

Reaction score
Several of you know my buddy Justin, and since he hardly posts on here, I felt like I should show off a project he's been working on for a customer of his.

A customer of his decided that he wanted a truck after riding in Justin's 6.4... it was a new experience for him since he owns a Porsche GT2, AND a GT3, M5 etc. He decided he wanted one of his own. Fast forward to 2 months ago and his new 2010 bone stock King Ranch 250.

Started off with the basics - Gearhead tunes, intake, exhaust, Elite 71 etc. Went ahead with American Force 22x11's too.

Meanwhile, ordered OUO traction bars... He decided he wanted to stay stock height as well. He thought it needed to handle better so he ordered some custom length Icon remote reservoirs (not made for stock height) Hellwig sway bars, OUO ALA's, Icon Stabilizer etc. Truck drove great! But it didn't stop like his other cars....

So, here we are. Wilwoods front and rear. Nastiest brakes I've ever seen on a truck.

photo5_zps3d77c003.jpg

photo2_zps4e994fd8.jpg

photo3_zps1452f1dd.jpg

photo1_zps79de538e.jpg

photo6_zps9949e7c4.jpg

8781-9DEA66C843DD-725-000000E70F498B25_zps0edf0ead.jpg

jdgleason

Reaction score
The truck drives incredible.... I never thought one of these things would "handle", but it does. You can crank the wheel and literally toss it sideways :eek:

Just got off the phone with Justin and he says it stops like crazy. Exact words were "No bull****, I never thought they would make a big difference, but the brakes are 50 times above and beyond worth the money."

Jgon08

Reaction score
Dang those look great, I was thinking bout brakes for mine but those are pricey.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Truck looks great jd. When we dynod it i didn't even realize it wasnt Justin personal truck. Those Wilwoods are bada$$. I love the wilwood setup on my truck. Still amazes me how effortlessly it stops, even at 130 mph.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Nice Set Up , That will be one of my next upgrades , im sure they bite hard !!

Latest posts

Members online