A1000 Fuel pump alternatives

young7.3

Reaction score
Hey all. I built my fuel system myself back in 2012 and used an A1000 fuel pump with pre water seperator and post fuel filter. At that time I had 238 hybrids and have scaled back to stage ones since. The A1000 finally went out and Im looking at $480ish for a replacement. Is there a better (cheaper) replacement fuel pump for my setup?

2000 7.3
Stage 1, stock nozzles
Intake
Exhaust
Stock oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13fist

Reaction score
I run dual stock pumps in a diy setup. Partly because it was less expensive than other high flow options, and because it is a proven reliable pump x2.
Today's prices might make that pointless, but they do have a good history of running 100% duty cycle for ages before they fail.
The only thing I don't like about stock pumps is the inlet is really only good as a hose barb, and the internal screens aren't serviceable.

psduser1

Reaction score
You can use a 5/16" compression x whatever fitting at the pump. It's not perfect-i think the pump is a 6mm inlet/outlet, but it works.

13fist

Reaction score
The outlet is some weird 10mm I think. I run the AN adapter fittings on the outlet.
I had not thought of using a compression fitting on the inlet. I may have to look into that when the weather warms up.
Just pushing the hose on and using worm clamps has worked, it just looks like crap.

Reaction score
The outlet is some weird 10mm I think. I run the AN adapter fittings on the outlet.
I had not thought of using a compression fitting on the inlet. I may have to look into that when the weather warms up.
Just pushing the hose on and using worm clamps has worked, it just looks like crap.
Just grind the bump off and a compression will slide over. I’ve done it a few times.

hucorey

Reaction score
Who is the best source for the superduty pumps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just go with a stock Bosch pump.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk