About to ditch my HIDs

Reaction score
I got pulled over again tonight, ballast was flickering, on when we left for home, off halfway... It's a constant intermittent problem. And no high beam on the other side.

Anyone have anything they have found that may cause it besides a bad ballast? I'm going to check everything again tomorrow morning. I'm good with electrical, done lots of it, so I'm not expecting that to be the problem. If it doesn't get resolved soon, I'm putting in quality bulbs and taking recommendations on them...

It's a quality kit, I'm leaving the vendor's name out for the time being as I'm also emailing them about it, just looking for things I may be missing to check and recommendations for regular bulbs to throw back in.

Reaction score
I'd like to leave the maker/vendor out right now... It is a quality kit, with a warranty, from a respected vendor.

Grounds were good, gonna check again though.

caladash

Reaction score
Had issues wth my HIDs as well. Lost the passenger side ballast twice due to a"lockout" of some sort. A buddy of mine running ddm (I think) has the flickering issue as well.

Reaction score
only hids ive had problems with were my kensuns only one side worked and flickered like hell, the "vendor" kit i have bought two sets of with no problems even with off roading and the crappy dallas roadways

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Run your grounds direct to your batts. Make sure you fill all connectors with dielectric grease. Should be good to go. I've had Retro's sets for 2 years.
Might throw a meter in your truck and make sure your voltage is steady, could be a regulator problem.

Reaction score
Thanks James... I have actually run grounds to batts when I was having issues in the past, don't know why it didn't occur to me this time...

Apparently I'm about out of dielectric grease, wiped it clean to hit a few connectors on the drivers side.

JMart

Reaction score
Mine have been acting up too. Started flashing between high and low and now stuck on high. Mine are retro's that were installed in Oct by guys who installed plenty of these.

I am about to pull mine out and put in regular bulbs too.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Sorry you are having problems with them, this is why I stick with Vvme... Very well priced and I have installed/used my self over 15 sets and only had 1 problem and it was a ballast that was DOA

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.