About to do *** ******

Armybyrd

Reaction score
I bought a sct livewire from a forum member member and I have a doc/*** ****** pipe on the way. I'm moving to VA in a couple months so for now I'd like to just ****** he *** and leave it so I can swap it back on for emissions testing if need be. Now I was wonder if I'd be able to put the ****** pipe in place and disconnect the exhaust right after? The muffler and stock tailpipe will still Benin place just not hooked up.

6fodays

Reaction score
I bought a sct livewire from a forum member member and I have a doc/*** ****** pipe on the way. I'm moving to VA in a couple months so for now I'd like to just ****** he *** and leave it so I can swap it back on for emissions testing if need be. Now I was wonder if I'd be able to put the ****** pipe in place and disconnect the exhaust right after? The muffler and stock tailpipe will still Benin place just not hooked up.

Where in va are you moving? May not need emissions testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6fodays

Reaction score
Then yea they usually do emissions testing. Id leave it all on for now and get tested/inspected right away. Most troopers are chill about it is what the dealership where i bought my truck from told me. But what exactly are you trying to do? Just put the ****** pipe in and thats as far back as the exhaust goes? Only problem with that is, you have to keep the 3 sensors on the exhaust plugged in or the truck will idle high. But as long as exhaust isnt flowing through the *** and you have the ****** tuner you should be fine.

Armybyrd

Reaction score
I was under the impression that I could use a ****** pipe without bungs since I don't need the sensors? Or are there more sensors in the pipes after the ***?

6fodays

Reaction score
What tuner do you have? Because i was under the same impression, but apparently sct doesnt disable the sensors.

6fodays

Reaction score
Well i couldnt get my sensors out of my original exhaust, so bungs wouldnt of helped me. So i cut the whole side of the exhaust out where the sensors were, ended up being 3 squares, one for each sensor, and just zip tied them up in the frame. Kinda ghetto but it works.

Armybyrd

Reaction score
Yea from what I've read they just have to be plugging in-not necessarily installed in the exhaust pipe so hopefully I don't have any issues.

6fodays

Reaction score
Yep sct 9625, and as long as they are plugged in you are fine

6fodays

Reaction score
Im using custom tunes. But its a night and day difference either way. And you definitely want to get that emissions junk out of the 6.4, if they are still on over 100,xxx miles ive seen and heard nothing but horror stories about them, and sometimes even sooner than 100,xxx

Latest posts

Members online