ABS module compatibility?

mrit

Reaction score
So according to the 1999 Service Manual, my abs module is bad. Code C1241 - Shorted Reset Switch Circuit Failure (Hydraulic Pressure Differential Switch).

I am having a hell of a time locating a module with the same numbers as mine(First pic). I just recently noticed that the sticker on my module was actually covering a different sticker(Second pic), so I peeled it off and got a new set of numbers:confused: Anyone know if I can just put in either one? There is no info anywhere I can find about this...

Parts are no longer available from Ford, and junkyards around here don't have Superduty's.

20150712_133703.jpg

20151109_161738.jpg

co04cobra

Reaction score
Most of them will interchange. Is it 2wd or 4wd and is it 2 wheel or 4 wheel abs?

I should have the unit you need.

They very rarely fail though. Most of the time it's a wiring issue to the module.

mrit

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Its 4wd with 2 wheel/RABS only. Are there common spots in the harness to have issues? I have already replaced the sensor and its pigtail. The service manual seems to be pretty blunt with the C1241 code, it doesn't have any troubleshooting at all. It only says to replace the module.

Thanks

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
A lot of times it's the ground on the radiator support above where the pump mounts. I would try taking the ground loose and cleaning between it, the support, and the ground strap itself.

mrit

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll check it out tonight. Would be great to have a free fix. I'll post an update with the results later.

mrit

Reaction score
So, no luck with the ground... It didn't look too bad, but figured I would clean it anyways. Verified with my Fluke multimeter that resistance was at .5 ohm, so the ground is good. Any other ideas before I replace the ABS module?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.