ABS problem?

1tonpower

Reaction score
truck is an 03. under normal braking, coming to a stop smooth and slow, just before you are at a complete stop you can feel the abs pump in the peddle and the steering wheel has a slight jerk to the right. this only does it before you are at a complete stop. all other braking is normal. there are no ABS fault codes.

could the tone ring be dirty. or a bad wheel speed sensor be to blame?

jdc753

Reaction score
my truck is an 05 but experienced similar issues. Turned out to be the connection with the wheel speed sensor right behind the inner fender liner. Usually on my truck though it would only do it a couple of times before putting up the ABS light and disabling the system making the truck stop like normal again.

1tonpower

Reaction score
Thanks I'll Check out the connects on the wheel speed sensors and to the main harness

1tonpower

Reaction score
Was your steering wheel kind of pulling one way or the other when it happen. If so was it turning left because the right wheel speed sensor was messed up or left because it was the left sensor.

jdc753

Reaction score
Yea with mine the passenger side was bad and when it was messing up the truck would pull to the drivers side as I would get on the brakes, kinda like the ABS sensor just completely cut off any braking force to the front passenger side wheel. Once my ABS light would come on things would be fine though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.