advice on 6 position chips for my 02

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
I've had numerous 6 position chips in numerous truck always went with either TS or Swamps tunes.. Anybody have any advice truck has full fuel system and RR but is otherwise stock for now gunna put 250/200's and a modded H2E on it in the future any advice on different tunes and companies ?

V-Ref

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with any of the site vendors. Kinda like beer...they all are good...just comes down to personal preference. If the injector builder has an ongoing relationship with a specific tuner...that'd be a good place to start.

Gearhead is what I settled in on and like best in both the 7.3 and 6.4

03ranger30

Reaction score
Don't get a 6 pos chip, get a hydra, that's the thing I regret about doing mine. Now if I ever want to get new tunes, I have to take off the chip and send it somewhere.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Love 'em. Although I can only compare them to the canned TS tunes which suck. They don't smoke very much, even in the hottest tune it just hazes under full throttle. The shifting is excellent. Nice and smooth when you're just cruising around, and when you get on it they firm up a little bit but it's not to the point where it feels like the trans is gonna fall out.

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Is there night and day difference between them and the TS ? TS is the only ones I have had other than the swamps tunes I ran in my pullin truck but kinda hard to compare them to a street tuned truck..

03ranger30

Reaction score
The TS tunes had horrible shifting and smoked a lot (good if you're into that). The shifting into 3rd and then into OD felt like I was breaking something with how hard it shifted.

Latest posts

Members online