after clogging the second cooler I cant take it anymore.

SSP6

Reaction score
As new as I am to 6.0 problems I still can't justify spending that much time replacing a stock oil cooler only to have it clog in 57 miles and approximately 20 hrs later. I deleted egr. Flushed coolant. Ran zerex g05. So I got pissed off and assaulted my credit card for a BPD heavy duty w/cold climate. This better work. Im out of money lol. Worst part is, the guys at XDP say im probably the 3rd or 4th time they've heard that this month. Total waste of money.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You'd have been money ahead to buy our solution kit. It's not to late now to upgrade what you've bought with our Delta kit and Infinity coolant filter kit to make sure your investment isn't wasted again.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
As new as I am to 6.0 problems I still can't justify spending that much time replacing a stock oil cooler only to have it clog in 57 miles and approximately 20 hrs later. I deleted egr. Flushed coolant. Ran zerex g05. So I got pissed off and assaulted my credit card for a BPD heavy duty w/cold climate. This better work. Im out of money lol. Worst part is, the guys at XDP say im probably the 3rd or 4th time they've heard that this month. Total waste of money.

A lot of guys flush the truck wrong, too close to oil cooler change, or on new oil cooler... that is a good way to guarantee a clogged new oil cooler in about 57 miles.

Sorry for your troubles

Csilva187

Reaction score
You'd have been money ahead to buy our solution kit. It's not to late now to upgrade what you've bought with our Delta kit and Infinity coolant filter kit to make sure your investment isn't wasted again.

When I take on another 6.0 project, I will bite. Steve are you in Kennewick?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I'm thinking that GO5 is your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why do you say that? im wondering because thats all we run in our fleet of 400 plus powerstrokes, and i have noticed an awful lot of trucks with at least 40 degree delta differences, but i always chalked it up to jackwagons not changing the oil often enough, idling all day, and coolant never gets changed unless theres a leak.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Isn't go5 basically the same as Ford Gold? Full of silicates.

I just changed my 3rd cooler on my 05. Been running go5 since the first one went in. Cut my last one in half...sure enough full of that gel chit. It was all over my tstat as well. Just picked up a case of EC-1 ELC today. Giving that a go this time around. Should have learned my lesson after I had to replace the cooler the second time. I've averaged one a year since I bought it. So...that's why I'm thinking GO5 is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.