aftermarket idm?

stirrettup

Reaction score
So here is my thoughts on this. The increased voltage and frequency clean up and boost the signal going to the injectors. This allows any injectors to be more responsive to the signal received from the throttle position sensor. As with building any system... You need to have the building blocks to support the system as it becomes more robust.

I believe the IDM upgrade to be one of the essential pieces to getting your truck to perform better - at ANY power level. As you request more and more performance, having a clear powerful electrical signal becomes a requirement rather than an option. There are many ways to achieve the high voltage IDM - I personally believe that the HVHF upgrade offered by Swamps is the best route for anyone seeking more than stockish power.

You can think of it this way - your stock IDM is old broadcast TV - weak signal with static. The "solution" was boosting the power of the broadcast so now you had a better picture (140V IDM) - but still had static/interference. Now think of digital broadcast TV - the picture is crystal clear with no static/interference (HVHF IDM). As with your injectors, changing the source doesn't adversely affect the longevity of your TV - it just changes the picture you see.

Sam

thank you Sam for making it much clearer for me

Southmike

Reaction score
Does it throw a code when you install it. I recall seeing one post where it did, but that could be just his truck etc, never herad back if they do or not.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
So here is my thoughts on this. The increased voltage and frequency clean up and boost the signal going to the injectors. This allows any injectors to be more responsive to the signal received from the throttle position sensor. As with building any system... You need to have the building blocks to support the system as it becomes more robust.

I believe the IDM upgrade to be one of the essential pieces to getting your truck to perform better - at ANY power level. As you request more and more performance, having a clear powerful electrical signal becomes a requirement rather than an option. There are many ways to achieve the high voltage IDM - I personally believe that the HVHF upgrade offered by Swamps is the best route for anyone seeking more than stockish power.

You can think of it this way - your stock IDM is old broadcast TV - weak signal with static. The "solution" was boosting the power of the broadcast so now you had a better picture (140V IDM) - but still had static/interference. Now think of digital broadcast TV - the picture is crystal clear with no static/interference (HVHF IDM). As with your injectors, changing the source doesn't adversely affect the longevity of your TV - it just changes the picture you see.

Sam

Yeah, but does swamps include HBO and Cinemax free for 6 months?

96F350KID

Reaction score
The Swamps IDM is an awsome upgrade they've seen up to 30 more HP from just bolting it on. Beans it just ups the voltage like the same thing you can do yourself. Swamp's goes through the WHOLE IDM to "tune" it for more voltage and frequency.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.