Aloha

Wood

Reaction score
Just joined. I got a 08 6.4 stock with 64k miles about 2 years ago. Deleted, did the intake and 5in exhaust, out of the box tunes with a mini maxx. Been enjoying it so far.
New to diesels, but grew up working on mustangs with my dad. Here for the knowledge, and learn what I can. I finally have the time to start putting some actual work into the truck. My goal is to run 11s eventually and keep a stock/sleeper look. Nice to meet ya.

1642108280138.png

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just joined. I got a 08 6.4 stock with 64k miles about 2 years ago. Deleted, did the intake and 5in exhaust, out of the box tunes with a mini maxx. Been enjoying it so far.
New to diesels, but grew up working on mustangs with my dad. Here for the knowledge, and learn what I can. I finally have the time to start putting some actual work into the truck. My goal is to run 11s eventually and keep a stock/sleeper look. Nice to meet ya.

View attachment 59153

Nice! Welcome to the forum! How many miles are on it? Looks pretty clean(besides the mud on the tires :p).

Wood

Reaction score
Nice! Welcome to the forum! How many miles are on it? Looks pretty clean(besides the mud on the tires :p).
Thanks! It's at 76k currently. It's pretty much mint condition all around. The previous owner only used it to tow an RV. I'll be abusing it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! It's at 76k currently. It's pretty much mint condition all around. The previous owner only used it to tow an RV. I'll be abusing it.

Wow, only 76k on a '08! Nice find! Any other plans for updates, like wheels and tires? :p

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You got factory filters in this thing?

Meaning the factory oil filter with the factory oil cap?

Pfl2016 and rk31821 for reference.

It's still a young motor, keep that oil changed every 3 k and do oil samples(send to labs) every other 2 changes

Wood

Reaction score
Wow, only 76k on a '08! Nice find! Any other plans for updates, like wheels and tires? :p
I'm due for new tires now actually, so I'm doing them next. I haven't found a set of wheels I really like yet. I do want to lower the truck also when I do the wheels. From what I've read, 4400lb springs in front and removing the rear block over the leaf springs will give the look I want.
As far as performance wise, I'm a fan of the compound turbo's, but not sure if I want to keep the VGT or not yet. Still digging into that. I read up on a guy that had a single turbo set up from MPD that did pretty well. I have a lot to learn in that area.
For now, and this year in general, I'd like to stud the heads, I have the EGR tuned out, but not removed yet. Will be picking up a waste gate before I do that. Knocking out a hole for the cold side of the intercooler pipe because the bend going back into the intake is horrible. If I finish that, I'll start working on the fuel system.

Wood

Reaction score

It's still a young motor, keep that oil changed every 3 k and do oil samples(send to labs) every other 2 changes
Oil caps aftermarket, I forget who. I did the DPF delete as soon as I got it, and haven't "gained" oil really that I can tell. First i'm hearing about sending oil to a lab though. What's the process there?

Wood

Reaction score
My next step would be some revised tunes.

@webb06
I would love to get new tunes. I haven't been able to figure out the secret handshake to get that though it seems. I know a guy locally, but he said he doesn't tune post 6.0's anymore after EPA stuff.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Is that what you do? What lab are you sending them to??

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm due for new tires now actually, so I'm doing them next. I haven't found a set of wheels I really like yet. I do want to lower the truck also when I do the wheels. From what I've read, 4400lb springs in front and removing the rear block over the leaf springs will give the look I want.
As far as performance wise, I'm a fan of the compound turbo's, but not sure if I want to keep the VGT or not yet. Still digging into that. I read up on a guy that had a single turbo set up from MPD that did pretty well. I have a lot to learn in that area.
For now, and this year in general, I'd like to stud the heads, I have the EGR tuned out, but not removed yet. Will be picking up a waste gate before I do that. Knocking out a hole for the cold side of the intercooler pipe because the bend going back into the intake is horrible. If I finish that, I'll start working on the fuel system.

Is it 2wd or 4wd? If its 4wd....you want to lower it?

Ron Burgundy What GIF

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I use Blackstone labs out of Fort Wayne Indiana.

Go on their site, sign up for sample kits, they send you it, when draining your oil, capture some, send it in. BAM full lab results.

I do this for my IROC, SHO, F250, quads, everything.

Wood

Reaction score
Yeah, it's 4x4. Kind of a requirement for drag racing.
Definitely will be working out the 4 link. A boosted launch as is doesn't even really hook up.

@CTC DEEZUL
That's pretty sick. I'll check that out. Never really did anything with oil besides change it, lol.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Welcome! I to, have a 08 6.4. I have the same things done to it you have. But I do have the BD tap shifter and ARP studs. Also mine has a little over 316k on it.