alternator/battery issue

brian89

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my batteries staying charged, how would i go about testing the alternators, or could the batteries be bad? I just put 2 fairly new batteries in so i dont think its them, but when i am sitting at idle with the lights on and hazards it goes dead, but with no loads it will sit and be ok? Please help i have to work in 2 hours haha

Atsah

Reaction score
Put a meter on the battery's when it's running to see if your charging.. Should be getting 14.5 or so with the truck running.. Sounds like the alternator is bad..

TyCorr

Reaction score
I never checked it but now that im rockin the cts...i know...:)

Im hoping to change my alternators in the spring and ditch my one year old walmart batteries. Get some odysseys from sears...Put one in our 06 monterey as ford grossly underestimated the battery draw it has with all the electronics. I bought a bigger one than they recommend and its helped.

Atsah

Reaction score
I never checked it but now that im rockin the cts...i know...:)

Im hoping to change my alternators in the spring and ditch my one year old walmart batteries. Get some odysseys from sears...Put one in our 06 monterey as ford grossly underestimated the battery draw it has with all the electronics. I bought a bigger one than they recommend and its helped.

I just put an odyssey in my ATV.. That thing is the cats azz..

TyCorr

Reaction score
They are nice batteries!! I can probably get em both for my truck for 250 bucks. Not bad, imo.

dsberman94

Reaction score
This is getting excessive. Thread is over a decade old. Batteries made by X company have gone from good to bad and back again twice since this thread was started.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.