amsoil flush in 5r110?

rjustman

Reaction score
I've used this in my,motors for quite some time but have yet to stick it in an automatic of any make.I hear Ford transmissions are especially picky as to what fluid goes in em.this cleaner is made to do exactly that,clean EVERYTHING.putting it in some motors I wondered if they would start again after what I seen come out of the oil pan,or worried I was going to find all kinds of new leaks.the stuff cleans and cleans well,but will it harm anything in my trans??

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/cleaners-and-protectants/engine-and-transmission-flush/?code=FLSHCN-EA

Thanks

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I don't know what it will do to your trans. I do know there are seven VERY sensitive solenoids in there. Will it loosen something that makes 1, 2, or even all seven to stick? Each solenoid is over $100 to replace.

The inside of a transmission is nothing like an engine. An engine can probably take that, but a trans probably cannot.

It's your money.

rjustman

Reaction score
It's made to use in a transmission also..I was just asking if it could be used in Ford's transmissions.

bruce

Reaction score
Well the guy who probably knows more than anyone about transmissions on this site said not to use it, so...

rjustman

Reaction score
He didn't say not to use it..the guy who knows everything said he didn't know..please re read..I'm not being a smart ass,but I have talked to mark a few times now and he has helped me quite a few times BUT he has also told me not to do things that people do and have done with great luck..I understand where he's coming from but in can drive down the street to the dealership and get told to only use Ford products..not all of us have the money or want to spend the money on stealership priced items..
I'm looking for someone who,might have tried it and what happen,did it help,hurt,or do anything??

I do appreciate your input though,good bad or ugly everything I read I remember and it helps me make my choices.

Latest posts

Members online