Amsoil

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
yeah i noticed a difference...under the back of the oil pan there was oil after 500 miles :thumbsup: not sure if it was the oil but my truck only had 10k mi. my 6.0 did the same thing and same spot. so no more amsoil for me.

nickg3130

Reaction score
nope had to pull the motor and re seal the bed plate on both 6.0 and 6.4. running delo now 50k mi with no oil leak issues.

I run amsoil and mine leaks too. It hasn't leaked enough for me to pull the motor but I can see it when I go under the truck. Thinking about upgrading to a frame mounted oil filter kit.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I run amsoil and mine leaks too. It hasn't leaked enough for me to pull the motor but I can see it when I go under the truck. Thinking about upgrading to a frame mounted oil filter kit.

Is it wet around where the trans meets the block and running down on the oil pan bolts?

nickg3130

Reaction score
more than likely bed plate is leaking. Trans has to come off for sure and maybe just be better off to pull the motor. Lucky you, I had to do it twice. Lol

Mine isn't leaking enough for me to bother with it. Maybe once I do a motor and trans build ill fix it, but my buddies 7.3 had been leaking there for years and he also runs amsoil. His truck has 250k of beat the sh!t out of miles on it and still runs strong.

hdstroker

Reaction score
I have been running Amsoil in the summer and Val.extream blue in the winter no leaks yet have 62000 on the truck.

DieselSD

Reaction score
I run it exclusively year round in my 2010 6.4 with 54K and my dads 2002 7.3 with 345K and brothers 2000 7.3 with 275K in the central texas heat.

Maybe we got the good batch. But seriously, Amsoil = seal failures??? Good luck with that.

We recently flushed my dads transmission and added amsoil to that as well as his front and rear diffs.

I'm not there on my truck just yet.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I run it exclusively year round in my 2010 6.4 with 54K and my dads 2002 7.3 with 345K and brothers 2000 7.3 with 275K in the central texas heat.

Maybe we got the good batch. But seriously, Amsoil = seal failures??? Good luck with that.

We recently flushed my dads transmission and added amsoil to that as well as his front and rear diffs.

I'm not there on my truck just yet.

im not saying thats what caused it, but just kinda funny both my trucks leaked in the same spot. different engines too. on my 6.0 i fixed the leak and still ran amsoil. swapped out all my fluids for amsoil only because my work was a dealer for them. truck ran with no leaks till i sold it, so who knows now. on my 6.4 i fixed the leak and now run delo because im a cheap ass. :thumbsup:

DieselSD

Reaction score
im not saying thats what caused it, but just kinda funny both my trucks leaked in the same spot. different engines too. on my 6.0 i fixed the leak and still ran amsoil. swapped out all my fluids for amsoil only because my work was a dealer for them. truck ran with no leaks till i sold it, so who knows now. on my 6.4 i fixed the leak and now run delo because im a cheap ass. :thumbsup:

I hear ya.

I've been for some time debating going with Motorcraft seeing as how fuel dilution has me changing it every 4-5k anyways. Kinda torn since I change my oil no more than 2-3 times a year and the truck see light use.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.