any ideas on this

fnlyfree

Reaction score
I have a friend that has pulled the engine out of his truck and found this. It is the #4 piston and the truck is an 06 F250. The truck got stuck and the guy's son pushed it pretty hard trying to get it to pull out. The truck still ran after he got it out of the mud, but it was rough. He used a handheld pyrometer to check the exhaust temp on the exhaust manifold where it connects to the head. The #2 cylinder was dead. It had only ambient temp. It had heat in the #4 hole but only had 150psi compression. The other cylinders on that side had about 350 psi. Below is a pic of the #4 piston. The head looked fine. What do you think?

0801131933a_zps30fd3db4.jpg

fnlyfree

Reaction score
He is still assessing the damage. There are a few small pieces of metal sitting on top of the piston. Amazingly the cylinder wall looks good. The valves seem to be ok. There is one small indention on the bottom of the head that is shaped like the marks on the piston. (crescent shaped). Very small and very shallow. It looks like something got into the cylinder but we haven't found where it may have come from yet. Thanks for your reply.

fnlyfree

Reaction score
The glow plug looks fine. I didnt see the turbo very well. It looked ok from the front before he pulled the engine. He is supposed to send me some more pics tonight.

Latest posts

Members online