Any rock chips with 20x12 and 22x12 wheels?

Trevor300wsm

Reaction score
Hello all, new here. I have a couple questions I hope you guys can answer.

I see that alot of guys on here are choosing to run 20x12 and 22x12 wheels. Most of these I see have atleast a -44mm offset. With that wide of a stance, is anyone having issues with rock chips on stock fender flares or rocker panels? I've noticed that I have a few on the stock flares even with my 20x10's. I'm just curious.

I currently have a 2011 F250 King Ranch that I'm wanting to trade in for a 2014. I have the 4.5" Carli system on it with the Bilstein reservoirs up front and the bull**** mini packs in the back. I do not like it and it sags in the ass bad. The overall ride is good, but for what I paid for it, I don't see the justified cost. It has 35" Toyos and 20" XD's. I'm wanting to get a 2014 and possibly get a Icon 7"/8" stage 3 or 4 lift with some 20x12's or 22x12's with 37" Toyos.

Here is a pic of the current ride. Nothing wrong with it at all. I've just had it since Jan 2011 and I'm ready for a new project.

0d5929ae.jpg

Last edited:

SWIFT

Reaction score
Yep, rock chips like a mofo if not running the stock side steps. I have had my steps of now for about a month and already have 3-4 small ones. If your running MT's expect it because rocks get wedged in the tires and flung out at god knows how fast. I plan on getting Bushwackers to see if that helps. Not to mention the entire truck gets filthy even with damp roads.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Even in my truck with just my 20x10s without the stock flares I'm gettin a pretty decent amount of rock chips. I think it's just the nature of the beast when you get a wider wheel.

If I could start from a blank slate with perfectly smooth paint, I'd be getting that 3m clear bra down the rocker panels.

augustus89

Reaction score
I ran 22x12 on my 2011 and now on my 2013. If you're worrying much about the rock chips I'd honestly recommend to stay with something smaller than the 12" wide wheels. No matter the width you're going to have rock chips to deal with running aggressive tires but from my experience these 22x12s leave more chips than narrower wheels I've owned in the past. My 2013 is black with right around 12,000 miles on it and the bottom of both front doors look as if they have been peppered by a 12 gauge haha. I run ALOT of dirt/gravel roads and always have new tires on my trucks so I just expect the rock chips and don't let myself look too hard at it when I'm washing it lol. It sucks chipping up a brand new truck but the looks of the wider stance outweighs the damage they produce in my mind.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.