Any tricks for driver side banjo?!

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Just like topic says I'm in the middle of replacing them with upgraded banjos that do not have the check valve. Any tricks to getting to the driver side banjo behind the water pump? One of a few set backs I discovered.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Pull the hose off going into the cover. Long 17mm flex head Wrentch .

sprayjock

Reaction score
Only advise I can give you is DO NOT drop the washer when your trying to put the new one in, youll never find it again if you do. lol Oh and unhook the fuel line at the top you will be able to move the fuel line around better if you do.

I was able to do it without taking any thing off but it took some doing.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Ya I removed the coolant hose and lost about 2 gallons..... Kicking myself now cause I have to go to Ford tomorrow now and by some Ford Gold..... That make work to my advantage too by removing the fuel line on top cause I'm doing the filter regulator kit upgrade with new spring too.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That side is a piece of cake for me. I just put a ratchet handle down in there and moved the coolant hose out of the way a little bit and got right at it. Try doing a passenger side one with dual alternators...

01PSD

Reaction score
Yeah surprisingly when I watched my brother do it.. it didn't take long at all LOL one of a very few things that actually went smoothly for him during installation!

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Glad someone had it easy with the drivers side banjo causes it's giving me a buzz! Lol can't get it threaded before I lose the inner washer (that's rest on the head)! Down to my last washer!

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Finally finished up! It was a ton easier after removing the driver side front fuel line! Found out my fuel cap was cross threaded as well...had to basically destroy it to get it out, then $70 later at the local stealership i got a new one!

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Ya I actually went ahead and ordered the billet one and a gauge and goin to sell the stock one for the price of the billet one.

Latest posts

Members online