Anyone done their own FICM repair?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I have read some that all is needed to repair the FICM is some soldering one the connections. Is this true? I can and I have people who are better than I am. I'm not needing a 58v upgrade. Is there a write up or anything on this?

Gary

Reaction score
I tried it on a couple of trucks and it failed with in a few days, and I do have experience soldering. I did buy one that was "professional repaired" and it is still going after a year. You can also buy the power supply side of the FICM from the dealer and just swap it, you will not need to reprogram anything when you do this.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've done quite a few of them now. Some work fine with just a simple resolder, and some do not. Others require a bit more work. There is a write up floating around about doing the 58V mod too, you will need to buy some parts for it, since some of the components on the board are not rated for the higher voltage.

SootPowered

Reaction score
I have done my own. Worked flawlessly for the last 3 months. I have some 58v modded FICM's floating around out there also and none have come back. Just make sure you have a good soldering gun and use plenty of flux. I also like to use some thin soldering wire like .015" 62/63/2 silver-bearing solder. The thin wire just seems to flow better. And another tip...when the flux stops sizzling romove the gun so the board doesn't get to hot.

Latest posts

Members online