Anyone ever take an injector apart?

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
I just got mine back from being rebuilt and one of the hold down brackets is on backwards. Is this something I can do myself or do you need special tools for this? I really need to get this truck running ASAP!

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
My apologies. I jumped the gun. The solenoid was on backwards not the bracket. Looked closer and found the oil discharge was in the right spot just not the plug...

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I would not be comfortable with seeing that no matter how simple the fix. It would make me wonder...what else might be like that...

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I would be worried if they were even tested. I know our equipment would not be able to test with the solenoid on backwards. Even if it was able to be tested they should have seen it at that point. Not sure who did them but I would be concerned.

Modifying injectors is not that complicated. Modifying the to work properly is. And not even testing them is asinine.

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
So MFI put the hold down on backwards? Or Farmer's?
It was the solenoid not the bracket. I went to install it with the plug facing the center of the engine noticed the bracket was backwards. I posted in a panic because I had to get the truck running. Went back out to look and the oil discharge port was in the right spot in relation to the bracket then realized it was the solenoid that was flipped around.

MFI put the solenoid on backwards.
At least that is my understanding...
Correct...

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
This was also a less than 24 hour turn around and on our Machine you can run them if they are backward and not notice it....mistakes happen all that matters is his truck is up and running and fixed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Not a good way to start your injector building service out lol.

Time will tell I suppose.
FWIW the set of injectors I got from MFI all have the solenoids and hold-downs on in their proper orientation. Mistakes happen.

Their time to build and ship was also quicker than anyone else I've dealt with...even if they did forget to throw my t-shirt in the box :poke:

Arisley

Reaction score
This was also a less than 24 hour turn around and on our Machine you can run them if they are backward and not notice it....mistakes happen all that matters is his truck is up and running and fixed

Exactly.

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score

And I can not begin to thank you enough for taking care of me, especially so quickly! Once it started I new just while idling it was a whole different truck. Very impressed with your shop. It was the first time I've had the opportunity to see it.

I was not complaining about the solenoid, like I said earlier just panicked when I noticed the bracket would not line up. I was an easy fix.

Once again, Thank You!:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.