Anyone have Nitto Terra Grapplers

TyCorr

Reaction score
Anybody have any current, up to.date experience.with nitto terra grapplers? Im not sure Id wanna decamp from mickey thompson tires. I was.set on running baja atzs in either.33x12.5 or 13.5. The nittos look pretty damn nice. My tire guy is telling.me.that.the toyo at and.the nitto terra.are.the.same tire. Im not.sure if that's true or not but they do look similar for sure!

If you've ran them heres your chance to.praise.them or.bash them. I have 37" mud.tires on my 2000 and after driving my.12 dmax I want a less.agressive.tire on my truck.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I've got them on my truck right now.
I don't have many miles on them but I do like them so far. They are quiet and good in the rain.
I can't comment on how they do in mud/muck because my truck never sees it.
They seem to be wearing well, but I do not take it easy on tires. Burn outs and hard take offs are very common.

On edit...In my opinion they don't look right on everything. Nothing beats the look of a mud terrain if you've got a sizable sidewall to match. I think they look best when sidewall is kept to a minimum. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've got them on my truck right now.
I don't have many miles on them but I do like them so far. They are quiet and good in the rain.
I can't comment on how they do in mud/muck because my truck never sees it.
They seem to be wearing well, but I do not take it easy on tires. Burn outs and hard take offs are very common.

On edit...In my opinion they don't look right on everything. Nothing beats the look of a mud terrain if you've got a sizable sidewall to match. I think they look best when sidewall is kept to a minimum. Just my opinion.

Thanks Shone! So a 33/20 combo would look good? I.agree though, the mud tread gives.the eye.relief.from miles of smooth rubber.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I'm currently running them in a 35x12.50x22. I personally hate them for what I do. If you like a mud tire, or are use to running a m/t you won't get along with them. They are however quiet, and do great in the rain like Shone said. Wet grass, slimy field roads, anything of that nature, there not worth a damn.

fine69

Reaction score
I have them on my truck. I like them a lot, great in rain, decent in snow. They SUCK in mud, but like Shone, my truck rarely, if ever see's any mud. These are my second set, I had them on my 05 too. I would definitely buy them again.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
I had 295/70r18's and they don't last long. Got 16k miles and they were done. My wife's suburban on th other hand has 325 r18's and they 30k on them and are just a hair beyond half way done. Good grip, nice in the rain, ok in dirt/sand, and lousy on the rocks ( could be she's just not a crawler).

duddy

Reaction score
325/65r18 Wet snow and powder they are good, hard packed off road snow they are alright. Great in the rain, and have not had a chance to play in the mud yet.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im thinking im gonna.have to go with the atz because I dont care to.get.stuck on wet grass. Im not worried.about mud. These baja claws have seen mud twice in 25k miles.

Thanks guys! Keep it comin....

bpb424

Reaction score
I have no personal experience with them, but my buddy has them on his dmax and he said he liked them better than the atz's

A few people in my town have had problems with atz's wearing bad and coming apart.
Based on looks i like the atz better

bpb424

Reaction score
I have no personal experience with them, but my buddy has them on his dmax and he said he liked them better than the atz's

A few people in my town have had problems with atz's wearing bad and coming apart.
Based on looks i like the atz better

amarillo250

Reaction score
I drive them right now in stock size 275-70-18 and I dont like them. To noise full and not long lasting, towing a bit and only 10k they are half way gone. Rain is ok, snow not as good as the Toyo M55 I hat before. The Toyo M55 also did great in mud and real heavy snow. My choice of tire is the M55, I got around 75k out of them.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive not.heard anything bad about atzs coming apart. My tire.guy sells them to.a.whole.fleet of windmill maintenance trucks. He.said no bad tires and balancing is.effortless. I can validate the second claim. Every set ive.ran balanced out with minimal weight. Mine have all worn like iron.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I didnt have good luck with my last set of grapplers but my brother did. I run duratracs now and love em.

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
I have had great luck with terra grapplers. My current set has about 55 k on them and still have tread left. I can't really comment on the mud because my trucks don't even know why mud is but they have been great all around tires and excellent in the sand.

02BigD

Reaction score
325/65/18, good wear on the street. It was really embarrassing to get out and put it in 4x4 to get off wet grass. Zero exaggeration.

22,000 miles presently on same size Hankook Dynapro's and I am much happier with the overall product.

willholl79

Reaction score
I have 325/65r18s Terras on my 05 350. D range on stock rims. I know, I know. I have almost 50k miles on the set with maybe 5k more to go. No issues. Ok in mud for an all-terrain.

On edit: If these tires were the correct load range and mounted on a proper width rim, no telling how long they'd last.

Last edited:

JD3020

Reaction score
285/75/16's here for prolly 8k miles and they seem to be wearing good. Overall good traction, good in the rain except that the ass end is to light and wants to come around. I hear no tire noise at all either. Not a bad all terrain.

Buddy@MPD

Reaction score
I have a set of 325/65R/18's on my truck now and they are decent for the price. Good and smooth on road and ok in the snow. My only complaint is they are not very good in the mud or wet grass. I have about 30k on them with mixed highway driving, towing, and field work and have a good amount of tread left.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Everything I've read about them was very hit and miss with mileage. The only guy I personally knew who had them on his CC/SB d-max, hated them. Said they wore out incredibly fast. That was enough for me to stay away from them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.