Anyone running ATS turbo set up???

Reaction score
In my quest to really take a look at all options before buying a T4 / T4i set up. I just remembered ATS and their Aurora series. Most folks look at ATS as overpriced, but at first glance the pedistal etc looks pretty nice. Not sure they will sell it without a turbo, I'm not buying into their hype on the turbo itself. Anyone have a first hand experience with it? Yes I know all the other options, but I would like to hear about the ATS.

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Aurora set up which looks like it runs an S300 series turbo for the 3000 series (thats creative isn't it) I would likely get a turbo from Bell, the new replacement for the QSSB.

What I like about the ATS is like the defunct Murff Racing mount and (dare I mention it?) Black Widow Diesel mount, it is angled like stock. I think this makes some of the in and out plumbing easier. Most likely like everything I build I'm overthinking it in the beginning.

I'm just one of those guys that has to look at all of the lesser know alternatives before settling on the same thing everyone else is doing.

Motostroker

Reaction score
My ats 3000 on my 7.3 lasted 8k miles.....literally. I was lost for words. Turbo was shot.

Reaction score
Hmmm, well I wasn't thinking about running their turbo, just the mount.

What was the resolution to the failed turbo? Did they cover it? How did you resolve it? How many miles on whatever you put back in? Any way the mount was the issue with the failure?

Sorry to fire away, but live ATS kit users are scarce!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
From what I can tell it does clock the turbo to mate with the stock down pipe. I like that idea and it can be done with a home built turbo kit, so long as its a short scroll exhaust housing...

DW-1009-ATS-1.jpg

Motostroker

Reaction score
Hmmm, well I wasn't thinking about running their turbo, just the mount.

What was the resolution to the failed turbo? Did they cover it? How did you resolve it? How many miles on whatever you put back in? Any way the mount was the issue with the failure?

Sorry to fire away, but live ATS kit users are scarce!

Pm sent

Latest posts

Members online