anyone thought of running ball bearing?

obspsd

Reaction score
They also cost more $$$$$ and aren't rebuildable, but if you got the money they are nice

smokinstroker

Reaction score
i guess i should rephrase and say more of us 6.0 guys who have a hard time spooling a large charger.

as for rebuilds? why wouldnt they be rebuildable?

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
People do run them... They're just more expensive.
That and there doesn't seem to be as many options with ball bearing turbos. The Powermax is a good example. An off the shelf powermax for many applications is bb, where the 6.0 powermax is not.

That aside, it would be real easy to get 10k into a bb compound setup for turbos alone.

They also cost more $$$$$ and aren't rebuildable, but if you got the money they are nice
That might apply to an isolated few models, but I don't think that applies to the majority. To say "no bb turbos are rebulidable" would not be an accurate statement. Where are you getting that info?

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
i guess i should rephrase and say more of us 6.0 guys who have a hard time spooling a large charger.

Mooringproduct ran (runs?) a Garrett GT4088R & a few others have as well with mixed results. Check with Chris at Truck Source Diesel, he has done a few as well.

i know of some Garretts that arent rebuildable.

Garrett

So are you saying that we aren't rebuildable? :eek:

LOL

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Mooringproduct ran (runs?) a Garrett GT4088R & a few others have as well with mixed results. Check with Chris at Truck Source Diesel, he has done a few as well.

used to work with truck source on my truck a while back. from what i know they tried a garrett on one 6.0 and it didn't work out (monstars truck) been there done that with them.

just seems like with the ease of spool up with a ball bearing unit you may be able to run a larger charger and light it easier with better street manners.

not ready to jump on this whole batmowheel bandwagon yet.

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I run a 70mm precision billet bb turbo with a set up. Spool up is instant but it has a procharger before it. Always wanted to try a 66 as a single but dang they are expensive.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
coming from that posting, (yes i know its black widow so bare with me) "This unit makes 30+ PSI with stock injectors, and will make boost as low as 1500 RPM with a street tune.) 1500rpm is pretty damn impressive.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
2600 really isnt bad if it spools that quickly for a single. Im assuming BWD's price for that turbo is just the turbo no pedestal or anything.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Its like 2600 or so for a gtx or precision. A standard gt3788r it what i would start with. Should spool nicely and make more power than a pmax because of the better turbine wheel. They arent priced bad.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I hate the way garret specs their turbos,

I wonder how the Precision PT6765 would spool up

67/65/.63 T3 housing... drive pressure might be an issue with that small of a housing but they do offer a T3 .82 housing but I think that may be too big,but with the small 65 wheel and the nature of the dual ball bearing it may be workable as is.

any insight on this?

Last edited:

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Gt42 is a pretty large frame. That would be at least 68mm inducer on the comp side. I dont think hicktown ran that big of charger but i may be wrong. thats slow to spool on a 7.3 lol. All of garretts turbine sizing is inducer. U take that and the trim to find exducer but they arent comparable to bw at all. Turbine flow is way different.

Latest posts

Members online