anyone thought of running ball bearing?

motoxracer42

Reaction score
i think i remember someone saying something about that but it was awhile ago. i would like to know more specs on it. that spools way too fast to be a 42 but you never know lol

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yeah i know he's got twins on it now. I believe the small high pressure turbo is a 58/65 and a large 76/82 low pressure and a 46mm wastegate.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
The 42 is great for a primary charger. My friend has one on his commonrail under the stock charger. He loves it for towing.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
so is going ball bearing worth the money?

what rpm are people seeing spooling a standard 64/71/70 for example?
does a billet wheel actually help?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
all depends on what you want, im not sure if a 64mm garrett will support 600 or not, the smaller garretts just dont seam to be able to make the power than a comparable bw charger will. Seams to be the opposite on the bigger stuff and im not sure why.

If you want faster spool up a bb will spool quicker but it wont solve spool up issues if its not sized right... just depends i guess

I was able to spool a 76mm gt42 frame precision about the same as a 68mm journal bearing turbo same exhaust side. so i do know that the ball bearing really helps but how much, i dunno, i was told up to 500 rpm but i dont know if i buy that. Maybe 200

whats your plans chris?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
well ive been back and forth on this twins thing, rather not dump money into another twin setup. after the messup the first go around,id rather not get stuck in that situation again.

im looking for a setup with a reliable 550-600+ that i can drive everyday and not smoke out the street/ have to constantly watch temps.

everyone seems to point me to a 64/71/.70 or .76 divided with a diverter

but i yet to see anyone put down a hard 600 fuel with one and still be able to dd it without having to watch the tail pipe and gauges the whole time.

so instead i talked to some tuner buddies that pointed me to a BB charger. from what im seeing ill be getting all the flow of a JB turbo with street manners that will blow it out of the water.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im not sure what you had for compounds before

Anyone run a stock turbo with a s475 for compounds? Should spool great and make 600 easy smoke free...

smokinstroker

Reaction score
shawn tried it a few times, blew up 3 stock chargers i believe.

my twins were 62/70 over 475, up pipes werent the best thought out and blew up after a few runs and tuning.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
He would be a better person to answer that. From what he told me it was bad. I didnt try it so i dont have a good answer lol.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
was it gated? I would imagine the only way it would work would be with a 44mm gate.

6.0s are different in the tuning department tho so maybe thats playing a roll in it?

Latest posts

Members online