anyone thought of running ball bearing?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
GTX4202 or GTX4202R , there is a difference? Ones a ball bearing the other is a journal bearing and both with a billet wheel. Or did you mean a GT4202 because then its a cast wheel journal bearing.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Lol my gtx4202 spools about the same if not a little faster than my billet 71/83 s400 on the same truck. I don't see a 75/87 coming close.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
We have a GTX4294R coming so I'll see if there is any noticeable difference in the spool up and power though all I'll have to compare it to is the S366 which isn't exactly apples to apples.

speed racer

Reaction score
75/87/1.0

on planet earth matt...i have the truck sitting here ill take videos of both....i dont even bother pushing any turbos they prove there self what works and what doesnt

both trucks on same dyno same day and same tuner

Why do you guys fight Craig on this? It is so obvious that a 75/87/1.0 spools fast.
Craig had the best time and reliable truck. He just proved it at Dyno day and he has been killing this truck for over 4 months now.
Cut the dude some slack.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
its being run on a 6.4 and doesnt relate to this thread whatsoever... try and get that thing to spool on a 6.0 even with divided up pipes like it does on craigs truck

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Why do you guys fight Craig on this? It is so obvious that a 75/87/1.0 spools fast.
Craig had the best time and reliable truck. He just proved it at Dyno day and he has been killing this truck for over 4 months now.
Cut the dude some slack.

LOL ok bud. look i sell both of these chargers. i honestly dont care what people decide to buy. craig might not be pushing bullseye but ive ran a smaller s4 than craig is running and it spools like a turd. an 87mm wheel will spool even slower. i know guys that are very happy daily driving on a gt4508r with a 1.24ar housing. what would that compare to if your comparing a 75/87/1.0.

btw im not hating on craig at all. i am happy to see the work he is doing and i even plan on getting a set of his manifolds, but ive seen the exact opposite results. this is what forums are for. get off his nuts :poke:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
its being run on a 6.4 and doesnt relate to this thread whatsoever... try and get that thing to spool on a 6.0 even with divided up pipes like it does on craigs truck

we had the same turbo on whitey with a bigger open housing and still spooled fine

Matt

Reaction score
could you daily drive it and tow light loads with it?

I think you are getting off point here. Craig is simply saying the 75mm borg warner he runs, spools just as well if not better than a comparable garrett charger. I dont think he is telling anyone to go slap an s475 on and go tow something. Towing with a borg or garrett 75mm is more than likely out of the question for either charger on a 6.0.

strokin_girl04

Reaction score
we had the same turbo on whitey with a bigger open housing and still spooled fine

You guys also ran air to water with dry ice. If I remember right, someone said you guys couldn't spool that truck with out it. I'm pretty sure it was mike after you guys had some technical difficulty at TS maybe. I may be wrong on the event, but none the less, air to water would definitely help. But most people don't put those on daily driven trucks soo

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Actually it spooled fine with or without the ice. Obviously a little better with it. But fast enough not to worry

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

motoxracer42

Reaction score
I think i remember you guys starting with an 83/74 turbine wheel. How much slower is it with the 87? I ran the 83. it was pretty slow. the exducer on the 87 is 5mm bigger than the 4202 and the s4 with an 83

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online