Are all 5R110's the same?

6speedsd

Reaction score
Have an 05 with auto. Considered getting a used auto to have as a spare to build. Getting some slip in mine now and wondering how long it'll last. Would like to have a back up of it does go. Anyways, are all years the same, or do I have do I have to find one out of an 05 like mine currently is? If they are interchangeable, is one year better than the others?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
all of them are. I know you can run a 6.0 5r in 6.4s with a little work. it should work the other way as well.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yup, just need to have the corresponding flex plate/torque converter for whatever way you go.

The 2x4 and 4x4 are basically the same too, but I believe the tail piece is different, but can be swapped around.

The 08+ 5R's also have a different pan and larger filter setup, which can easily (and pretty cheap) be swapped to the older 5R's too.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I also have a core 5R that can be shipped out to be built..... I can ship it direct to the builder, its in the classifieds. If you want a good used one, I know co04cobra has a few good ones ready to drop in and go

Mdub707

Reaction score
So are the flex plates and converters different by year?

03-07 use all the same stuff, the 08-10's use a different setup. You can use either setup on either truck, just as long as you have the converter and flex plate to match.

Lilpooh

Reaction score
Also there are two different designed clutch packs.

Scan.jpg

6speedsd

Reaction score
A lot of info to take into consideration. It may be a bit before I get one. Just wanted to see what I should be looking for when I decide to get one. I appreciate the info though.

Latest posts

Members online