Arias Pistons

caladash

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running or has experience with their pistons? Good points, bad points.

Tom S

Reaction score
Seems to me that those had serious durability issues back like 5 or more years ago.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Forget about them if you are thinking a street truck. If you are thinking dedicated race vehicle and are OK with a 10K-20K mile piston life - then you should look at all the options.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
WOW!!! F-that!!

You have to realize that they were built to be a performance piston - not a street piston - they are forged and as such lack the steel ring land for the top keystone ring - now there have been places experimenting with a new hard anodize like coating in this area with a flat ring and they have been having some success in diesel apps, but I am not sure its ready for mainstream DD use without more testing.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
When is Mahle going to get off their asses and make a steel crowned two piece piston like in the big OTR truck engines?

Moremph

Reaction score
I have i believe one of the few sets ever built for a powerstroke with total seal rings and have not had any issues, mind you this was a pulling truck and no real street miles

Travis

Blowby

Reaction score
Whats the down fall on a DD application? Isnt racing harder on a piston?

By not having steel ring lands the aluminum will not hold up to DD.

piston-land2.jpg

Moremph

Reaction score
Nothing, My pistons have a diffrent bowl desighn and are larger bore size then you can purchase from mahle.

Travis

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.