ATF

Lang

Reaction score
Flushing my tranny next week, new Motorcraft filter... As of TODAY what should I be using? Far as I gather Mercron V. So can you guys point me in right direction? These are my picks

1) Schaeffers
2) Mobil 1 syn
3) Valvoline syn

2001 CCLB stock auto tranny

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I have both of the top two in my BTS, came with Schaeffers and Brian told me to add Mobil 1 syn. to get it up to the proper level.

I would think any of those would be a good bet.

OSCS

Reaction score
so no mercron? ill be greasing up my BTS for the first time next week and i have alot of mercron lying around for free..

PSDEng

Reaction score
I have both of the top two in my BTS, came with Schaeffers and Brian told me to add Mobil 1 syn. to get it up to the proper level.

I would think any of those would be a good bet.

I called Brian with the same question when I got my BTS and he said mercon will work just fine too as well.

OP it looks like all three would be ok to use. I do like the Schaeffers however.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Thanks mark... something that i always wanted to know, shafers or merc V will be going in my next trans change.

Another question to yall, what do u think about draining the TC at the same time? Since the older trucks have drain plugs in them, and are they easy to get to or a PITA and not worth it.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The drain plug is not hard to get to and you should drain the converter when changing the ATF. If you are using the flush procedure there is no need to drain the converter.

dietoremain

Reaction score
I run chevron MD3(aka mercon III) its what my trans was made to use, but anyway Im sure the mobil 1 synthetic is great I just got hook ups on the other stuff... haha. BTS knows what hes talkin about.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
So i got to know.... why are u a "former" ford auto trans engineer?
Because I don't work there any more! :thumbsup:

Ford offered buyouts in 2007 and I accepted the offer and went to work elsewhere. About 14,000 white collar employees left on the last day of February, 2007. I was one of them.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
If I had been older it would have been a retirement buyout. Since I wasn't old enough for a retirement offer, they just gave me a large pile of cash to go away. It wasn't personal, they made the same offer to most of the engineering staff.

Since I was doing well before that, and now had a large pile of cash, I thought I'd take a couple months off before starting to look for another job. A Tier 1 supplier to the auto industry called and I was back to work in three weeks without really starting a job search.

OSCS

Reaction score
If I had been older it would have been a retirement buyout. Since I wasn't old enough for a retirement offer, they just gave me a large pile of cash to go away. It wasn't personal, they made the same offer to most of the engineering staff.

Since I was doing well before that, and now had a large pile of cash, I thought I'd take a couple months off before starting to look for another job. A Tier 1 supplier to the auto industry called and I was back to work in three weeks without really starting a job search.

That's awesome

littleredstroker

Reaction score
That's sweet. A CAT shop here in town offered a hand ful of guys early retirement and a load of cash, 30k$ comes to mind ( was goin through a change in management) some said yes and lived happily ever after, others said no and got fired the next dayb

sent while trying not to blow PMRs

Latest posts

Members online