Auction truck

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Okay. Sorry to hear that. That's one thing with auctions I have learned. People dump there junk off and do not disclose the real problem or complete problem. If it's bought online it's that much worse.

kdpearson

Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah, with auctions this sort of thing is always a possibility. Overall I've done really well at this auction site but in this case it was a complete swing and a miss...
So when the weather warms up a little I'll get the cab off and get the engine pulled. I just don't do as well in cold weather as I used to.
By the time I'm done replacing the cam, lifters, and pistons with upgraded versions I should have a truck that should last me a while but its not exactly what I had planned...

Fordman03

Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah, with auctions this sort of thing is always a possibility. Overall I've done really well at this auction site but in this case it was a complete swing and a miss...
So when the weather warms up a little I'll get the cab off and get the engine pulled. I just don't do as well in cold weather as I used to.
By the time I'm done replacing the cam, lifters, and pistons with upgraded versions I should have a truck that should last me a while but its not exactly what I had planned...
Both of my F450s with the 6.4 have been auction buys....The first one was a great buy.. still going... the second not as much...but still not bad

kdpearson

Reaction score
Fordman03, that was the experience I was hoping for but alas, it was not to be. Instead I get the opportunity to learn first hand how to build a bulletproof 6.4l Powerstroke! Fortunately I have a great machine shop that I've worked with in the past that is familiar with these engines.
I've heard these trucks are towing monsters so I'm looking forward to getting it running and being able to tow my loaded horse trailer to the mountains or the coast without dropping down to 15mph like I do with my old 6.5l Chevy.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The 6.4s are towing monsters for sure! When they are in good working order they also are good starting. They just are not the most efficient diesel out there.

Sounds like you have a plan. Get it right and you will love it. While your in there put a lower stall TC in it. That will help as well.

Latest posts

Members online