Autoenginuity Connection problems

sidwaz

Reaction score
I recently purchased Autoenginuity and am having trouble connecting to the ABS system. This was my main reason for purchase was to change tire size. I have the enhanced ford bundle. It will connect to enhanced powertrain but none of the other systems. I get an error unable to connect or system not supported. Anyone else had these issues? BTW the truck is a 2002 f350 7.3 6spd.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Make sure that it is FORCED to "non-OBD II" and "J1850PWN" in the connection screen. "Auto-Detect" will screw up the connection 99% of the time on a 7.3L.

Also, make sure you are selecting "Powerstroke 7.3L" for your vehicle, NOT "Super Duty" or "F250" or however they have it in there for the gas vehicles.

sidwaz

Reaction score
I have tried these settings with no luck. I am not able to connect to the any of the optional systems. It will connect and i can log data from all the engine sensors without a problem.

TARM

Reaction score
It could be one of the pinouts but I would give them a call. They are very good with troubleshooting most issues. Helped me out with a issue with one of the cables that was sent with my setup. The cable while having the correct connectors that fit was the wrong type and I had all kinds of issue connecting. I sent the unit in just to be safe and they sent it back with the cord that should have been in the kit all was good. Very fast service round trip in the same week.

Reaction score
After the pcm logs on you will get the vehicle selection box. When it opens go to the bottom where it says System.

It should already say enhanced power train Click the drop down arrow and change it to anti lock brake then click on ok.

After the truck connects click on the test on board system tab. Click the drop down tab next to the initiate button and select
tire size.

When that opens there will be a left and right arrow on the far right next to the initiate button. Click the right arrow
to get a bigger tire.

sidwaz

Reaction score
I am not able to connect to gem module, abs, overhead console, etc. I will contact AE and see what they say.

Reaction score
Any update on this issue. I am having the same exact problem with a 2001 7.3 F250. AE will connect to and read DTCs from the Enhanced Powertrain module with no problems, but when retrieving DTCs from all other vehicle systems, (i.e. Anti-Lock Brakes, Airbag, Park Aid, GEM/Central Timer, Overhead / Trip Computer) it shows "No response from module." When trying to connect with AE to any of the systems showing "No response from module", it says "Could not establish communications with the controller..." ABS light is on and I am trying to pull ABS codes. No other problems with the vehicle, everything works as it should, as far as I know.

Also, I tried the same exact thing with AE on a 2002 7.3 F250 and everything works as it should, all systems connect properly, load and display all sensors, and shows all DTCs on every system / module.

sidwaz

Reaction score
Any update on this issue. I am having the same exact problem with a 2001 7.3 F250. AE will connect to and read DTCs from the Enhanced Powertrain module with no problems, but when retrieving DTCs from all other vehicle systems, (i.e. Anti-Lock Brakes, Airbag, Park Aid, GEM/Central Timer, Overhead / Trip Computer) it shows "No response from module." When trying to connect with AE to any of the systems showing "No response from module", it says "Could not establish communications with the controller..." ABS light is on and I am trying to pull ABS codes. No other problems with the vehicle, everything works as it should, as far as I know.

Also, I tried the same exact thing with AE on a 2002 7.3 F250 and everything works as it should, all systems connect properly, load and display all sensors, and shows all DTCs on every system / module.
If i recall correctly there was a blown fuse. After replacing all was working. This is only from memory as i no longer have my 02 but i did get it working. I think it is linked to the cigar lighter or power point fuse. Try those first.

Reaction score
I checked all the fuses today in both fuse panels and all were good. Both the cigarette lighter socket and power point socket work fine. Any other ideas....?

Latest posts

Members online