Autometer HPOP gauge

njjeep

Reaction score
I was thinking if getting the autometer (z series cause that's what all the rest of my gauges are) hpop gauge and was wondering if anyone has it and how do they like it? Also, how does it hook up does it use its own sensor or does it plug into the icp sensor?

3yjy8eha.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Southmike

Reaction score
lol
well there is like a 90 page thread on it too.. reads anything the pcm sees, can do injector tests, logs etc..

njjeep

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about the scan gauge, cause I got auto enginuity. But for 140 more its practically like having it always in your truck.

Anyone else that has an autometer hpop gauge or the terminator scan gauge have any more opinions about them?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sniper_101

Reaction score
A cheap(er) alternative is the Scangauge II (not the same as linked above). I got mine on eBay for about $160. Reads Duty %, ICP, speed, tach, etc.

Not nearly as intricate as the Aeroforce model, but it's also cheaper and easily removed if you don't want it 24/7. Just plugs into the OBDII port, can mount with Velcro or whatever.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Dont do it. I wish I saved my money by not buying it.
Reads completely different then my AE.

SledDogg

Reaction score
I bought a Blue tooth OBD II device ($12.99 newegg.com) & Torque Pro APP ($4.99 google play store) and can read every thing the pcm reads.....ICP psi, duty cycle %, mg fuel per stroke, inj. pulse width, boost, eot, trans, tons of stuff.

and it can be used on any vehical. Reads everything for the 6.0 and pulls codes.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I picked up that little thing too... Played with it a bit but not enough to make a judgement yet.

SledDogg

Reaction score
I picked up that little thing too... Played with it a bit but not enough to make a judgement yet.

Use it on a 6.0. Shows everything. Sometimes I hit add a gauge then I can see all live data scrolling up & down quickly. ToolmanGary hadca Sprinter van and the App showed a TON of codes his Snap On Modis didn't. (Just set up different profiles-dodge, vw, gm, etc). Unbelievable for $17.98 (blutooth device now $12.99). I scan guys trucks frequently at fuel stops etc. Handy at auctions or buying vehicals.

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
I bought a Blue tooth OBD II device ($12.99 newegg.com) & Torque Pro APP ($4.99 google play store) and can read every thing the pcm reads.....ICP psi, duty cycle %, mg fuel per stroke, inj. pulse width, boost, eot, trans, tons of stuff.

and it can be used on any vehical. Reads everything for the 6.0 and pulls codes.

How did you modify the PID for EOT in Torque....I can't get my EOT to read right?

Southmike

Reaction score

what did you do to get sprinter van codes?
or just read the pcm with scan for p01xx codes?

SledDogg

Reaction score
How did you modify the PID for EOT in Torque....I can't get my EOT to read right?

Go to settings on home screen, click manage extra pids, here I loaded all of them. You can delete ones not read in pcm, tcm, ecm, etc.

JSchuricht

Reaction score
I have one in my 00. It piggybacks off the ICP sensor, I used a pigtail from Strictly Diesel so I could easily disconnect it if there is ever an issue. It is helpful to get a quick idea on what the truck is doing but I still use a AE for more detailed readouts.

Latest posts

Members online