Back up sensors odometer & over head console

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Move to the correct spot if needed I didn't see anywhere else I could post this. Do you guys know if the overhead console has a fuse or why it may not work; and if I could fix it without going to ford?
Odometer problem, it reads 8888888 all the time, like when you first start the truck it stays like that. Any way I could get it back to normal?
Back up sensors, sometimes they work but most of the time they don't, I was digging in the manual looking for a fuse or something on it. Is there a way I could get those working again?

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Overhead console/trip computer: chip on the board is loose. These get REALLY hot and alot of times the chips on them will come loose. Take it apart, figure out which chip/chips are loose, and resolder. Be careful though, I fried mine when I did this.

As for the rest, I have no idea.

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Ok cool I'll take a look at it. On the console is there screws or do I just pull on it and it should pop out?

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
I got it out and checked it out, the glass is black on a corner like it got to hot and just burnt out. I'm thinking I'll just have to replace it if I want it to work. Thanks for your input though.
I got the odometer to work again so were good with that. I just need help with the parking sensors now. If anyone can help or have an idea let me know.

yeehaw

Reaction score
sounds like a bad sensor for the back up, my truck does the same thing, if you can find someone with a fancier computer scanner they can tell you which sensor is bad.

If i remember right, if you turn the key to the on position and hold the tab for the reset for your trip and it will reset the gauge cluster....might be worth a shot?

Latest posts

Members online