bad chip?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
i removed my dpc 422 pcm and chip to have a contribution test with my old e99 pcm. now i went to reinstall my chip and pcm and there iss no wait to start light with the chip installed, but there is without it installed...

did the chip just burn out on me?

thanks, Nick

Big Bore

Reaction score
i removed my dpc 422 pcm and chip to have a contribution test with my old e99 pcm. now i went to reinstall my chip and pcm and there iss no wait to start light with the chip installed, but there is without it installed...

did the chip just burn out on me?

thanks, Nick

Does it start with or without the chip? Was the key IN (not turned ON just IN) the ignition when the chip was removed or installed? Definitely need more information.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Does it start with or without the chip? Was the key IN (not turned on just IN) the ignition when the chip was removed or installed? Definitely need more information.

The truck starts without the chip. The keys were on the center console when the chip was installed. What more info do you need?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Chips a goner or you have it in upside down...the chips will go in the wrong way but they just wont work.

If your contacts on the pcm are clean then the chip is gone.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The chip is bad...I wouldnt put it in anymore. You'll wind up with a bad pcm too.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
:cursing: welll im in the market for a new one now...

Thanks Guys for your Help

Last edited:

Vengeance

Reaction score
The chip could have lost its format, it may just need to be reformated. The only way to tell is to send it to someone who can format them, and have them check it out.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
what do you mean? how does that happen? im going to order new sticks soon so id like to have a working chip to send out... do i just send them the chip and the tuner will tell me if its good or bad?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
what do you mean? how does that happen? im going to order new sticks soon so id like to have a working chip to send out... do i just send them the chip and the tuner will tell me if its good or bad?

Sent it to Cody at PHP and they can reformat the chip for you... Unless its a DP chip, then it has to go back to them.

Tom S

Reaction score
If the PCM contacts are cleaned down to where they are thin it can cause issues as well.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Static + electronics = not good. You can do the same to your phone or home computer if the circumstances are right. The static can cause the chip to clear the memory.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.