Bad shifts after Injectors and Turbo

xp1ik05

Reaction score
Well I've got about 1k after the build up including studs, 190/75's powermax and some other stuff but for some reason my tranny feels like it's going to fall out. I've always ran custom tunes from a local guy but it seems like we always struggle with my truck so I'm branching out to see if someone else may have an idea. Running a more aggressive street tune I noticed that when I give her all she's got the tranny will downshift and pull like a train but it doesn't want to shift to the next gear. I'll let off and the rpm's will hang and then drop down eventually the tranny will catch up and go back into gear, I'm guessing 4th or 5th than eventually go back into overdrive. Today I had him up the line pressure and make some more changes and I went out to start the relearn and after a few 1/4 throttle pulls I manned up and started the 1/2 throttle, first time it did it again and made a unfriendly vibration which seemed to be something associated with the driveline as it wasn't accustomed that type of driving, the second time had me **** myself, came off like a rocket which felt wonderful hit 2nd than seemed to stick and sounded like it was bouncing off the rev limited so I immediately let off hit neutral and coasted to the side. Put it in park than back to drive and drove off with no issues. Temps always stayed normal and no flashing overdrive. Haven't got to the point to check slip and codes like that but just curious if anyone has had this happen or maybe a point In the right direction. Before you say doubt the tuner, he's very good, few magazine trucks and a lot of fast trucks out of his shop, thanks in advance for any info. Hate to have to spend the cash for one of the big 3 tuners but may be worth a try as I've never had issues shifting with my old tunes from innovative or GEARHEAD tunes.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
If the trans isn't built it will only be a matter of time till it goes. I did a stage 2 pmax 175/75 and fuel system and my stock trans hated the Xtreme x tune. I got a built trans now. Also I have read it can take done time for the trans to re learn a tune.

xp1ik05

Reaction score
I know it's the next thing on the list but for as how polite I've been treating it I wasn't expecting it to be the instant weak point. I'm sure I'm on the edge of her limit but it just seems screwy to me. The more time I spend driving it with this new tune it's like it doesn't like overdrive?

Latest posts

Members online