Banks trans command ?'s

DARTH_VATO

Reaction score
Have a 96 f350 came a cross a trans command from banks does it really help?
Did some research and it seems 50/50 on it but my tranny was rebuilt a year or two ago and it likes to hunt for the gear. when towing it hunts worse. I do have the banks billet torque converter in the tranny.
Any input is appreciated :)

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Have a 96 f350 came a cross a trans command from banks does it really help?
Did some research and it seems 50/50 on it but my tranny was rebuilt a year or two ago and it likes to hunt for the gear. when towing it hunts worse. I do have the banks billet torque converter in the tranny.
Any input is appreciated :)

Custom tuning... It may take a few burns to get it perfect but they can set the shift points to your liking whether you're towing, cruising, racing, or whatever.

No need for a "Trans Command"

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Are you tuned already?

In either case I'd take a hammer to the trans command, then mail it back to banks.

Of all the things I wasted money on before I started trying to learn a little, I think that was the single worst product.

DARTH_VATO

Reaction score
I do have a tune yes I'm not quite sure which one. But it's a knob I can to turn to change settings. The trans command isn't on my truck at all but getting ready To tow my buggy to Moab for the first time so wasn't sure if I should hook it up or not. I guess BFH and my workbench will take care of it then.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Figure out what chip it is and get custom tunes. Tyrant diesel is Cale Thompson. His dad is BTS which is one of the best transmissions money can buy. So Cale has been tuning for transmissions for a very long time. In my opinion the best tuner for trannys out there.

Good luck!

dirtboy25

Reaction score
:whs:

Cale's transmission tuning pretty much rocks. I had 4 different tuners trying to get shifting right and Cale nailed it on the first time.

skew12

Reaction score
I had that on my truck when I first got it. It didn't work well, with or without tunes. The tranny is much happier now that the transcommand is gone.

DP-TunerTech

Reaction score
Are you tuned already?

In either case I'd take a hammer to the trans command, then mail it back to banks.

Of all the things I wasted money on before I started trying to learn a little, I think that was the single worst product.

Love this. I got a good laugh on this one. I agree though. Get your tuner to address

shift points
shift pressures
Tq converter lock up
etc etc etc

based on your tunes and these things can be handled in the tuning. Much more effective and accurate than the Trans Command.

Tom S

Reaction score
I also agree you need better tuning. DP-tuner has done a lot of tuning at this altitude on the older trucks. Who rebuilt the transmission?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
No doubt that DP will make it shift 10 times better than any banks product.

DARTH_VATO

Reaction score
I also agree you need better tuning. DP-tuner has done a lot of tuning at this altitude on the older trucks. Who rebuilt the transmission?

Tom. Parker transmission rebuilt it before I gained ownership of the truck. It shifts A lot better now that i changed fluid in it. Hauling up i70 today @ 5 am to Moab! Can't wait!

Reaction score
My truck came with the t-commander as well. I ran it for like a year and then went to a sonnax tri accumulator kit. Shifts were 10's better. Better yet would be pull it off and get a valve body from BTS, Wood's, RacerX--along with tuning

Fly By Night

Reaction score
Curtis who goes by 'pocket' on here does tuning, IIRC he is in Denver somewhere, if you have any issues with a shift, instead of trying to explain it over the phone then sending a chip in he can jump in the passengers seat and go nerd style on his laptop and get it dialed in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.