Barometer question

prototypemo

Reaction score
Will a failing Barometer cause a truck to stall out? ICP is new and in proper range, ficm volts good, ipr is new and showing good. Also its only been acting up when its in the negative temps. Split a cac boot recently so replaced it and drove fine for 2 days until it got into the negatives again the things started acting up again. had the same symptoms prior but turned out to be the a gasket in the blue spring mod that went bad, should i check that again? is that a common issue? need some assistance gents. and fuel filters are only like 6000 old...ive got code p0069, only code showing. also ebp line and map lines have been recently cleaned.....if you are wondering :cursing:

Gary

Reaction score
The Baro sensor rarely ever fails. Just look at the PID and compare it to you altitude. I usually do look at it in the data stream when I'm doing a driveability problem. I'm at around 900+ and I'm looking for 156-158HZ when checking a vehicle. You probably have a stiction issue going on.

prototypemo

Reaction score
I run hotshots so even when I start it at -10 she still starts just fine with no symptoms of stiction. My scangauge reads 7.9 (psi I think) for the baro regardless of where I'm at in the country and it never changes. On the snap-on it read between 10-16 hpa if I recall correctly on my test drive with it hooked up. And my buddies 6.7 shows 13-16 on his barometer in the same city as me. Also barometric pressure where I'm at is between 950-1100 hpa usually. That's why I think my barometer is failing or failed and my scangauge cannot display a reading that low?

prototypemo

Reaction score
Well the barometer had actually failed...replaced it but now have other problems....ugh my truck hates the cold with a passion!

Gary

Reaction score
The baro sensor is under the dash near the steering column, is that what you changed? What did you see for Hz? and what is you altitude? I'm at 900ft and see 155-158hz on most vehicles.

prototypemo

Reaction score
Yes that's what I changed. I don't know hertz but I'm at around 1100 feet If I recall correctly. I was going off my scangauge. It read 6.9 prior and after I replaced it, it read 13.5-7 for pressure which is accurate for the region I'm in.

superpsd

Reaction score
Mine is off about 3 psi. I took it apart and massaged the silicone bubble a bit and got it reading closer but it's still off. They do fail from time to time just like any other electronic part with age.

Latest posts

Members online