Battery Light on 03 Ford F-250 LOOKING FOR ADVICE.

muleday433

Reaction score
A quick back story, my truck died yesterday and had to be towed back to the house. Alternator died and I replaced it. During replacing the alternator, I tested both of the batteries and one had a dead cell. I replaced it and the second one at first didn't pass but then after second attempt at O'Rilleys it passed. I didn't replace it.

The battery light was on and in the prior post, I tighten the connections and light went away.

This morning I started the ole gale and she fired right up, quicker then before. However I noticed the battery light again was on but it went off twice on my `12 mile drive to work.

All of the lights, gauges and power to the truck is there. My question is this: Do I have another battery issue and should replace the 5 year old Wal-Mart Brand Battery or when the truck died because of the old alternator it might have done some damage.

Thanks for any help or answers
Ritchie.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
From what I understand of the charging system the battery light isn't for the batteries at all. Should be for the alternator. I believe it comes on when your reading less then 14v in the alternator, but it may be less then 14v period. If it's 14v period for the system and your old battery is dead or dying your alternator may have trouble keeping your system charged causing it to come in intermittently... for piece of mind I would change the old battery and see what happens. Or test the alternator running and see what it's putting out. Maybe if your light is currently on unhook the battery and see what they have as soon as the light goes on.

2001 F-250 cclb
7.3l 4x4
forged rods,
ebpv, muffler, dp80hp dd.

sootie

Reaction score
check your ficm power supply/input voltage, that will tell you if your alternator is putting out enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.