Belt driven air compressor

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Anybody running one?

I am looking to put one on my work service truck. I spend a good deal of time out on the road and in the field working on our equipment and need the capability to air up tires in a timely fashion. Also will be running air tools like impact gun and stuff.

I found some stuff by kilby that I can use to make up my own, just looking if anyone makes a complete kit or anything.

Truck is a 2000 F-450

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I do not think I need anything as heavy duty as what they offer. This would only be used maybe 10% of the time. I just need something a little bigger than the gas powered small compressor I have now.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score

Dave

Reaction score
A buddy of mines got a york on his Duramax.

He uses it to power airbrakes on his concrete pump trailer and a few other things

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
i have a york compressor and a bracket that came off a 7.3 bus for its air brakes. i live near the drag stip if you wana come check it out so see if u can make it work. i looks like it will sit too high and hit the hood, but u can use the bracket yo make your own

DocBar

Reaction score
hmmmm...is there a reason the old 12vdc version doesn't work? I've used several of them and they did OK. They aired my tires up enough to get to where I was going. Are you dealing with BFT's or wanting to run pneumatic tools, also?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Anybody running one?

I am looking to put one on my work service truck. I spend a good deal of time out on the road and in the field working on our equipment and need the capability to air up tires in a timely fashion. Also will be running air tools like impact gun and stuff.

I found some stuff by kilby that I can use to make up my own, just looking if anyone makes a complete kit or anything.

Truck is a 2000 F-450

hmmmm...is there a reason the old 12vdc version doesn't work? I've used several of them and they did OK. They aired my tires up enough to get to where I was going. Are you dealing with BFT's or wanting to run pneumatic tools, also?

:slap:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have 2 12vdc compressors on my personal truck and they will not be enough for what I need. While I will not be using it all the time, when I do I need it to be able to run an impact gun and air up loader and 18 wheeler tires.

Latest posts

Members online