Best aftermarket stock-ish headlights?

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm looking for good quality crystal lens stock replacement headlights, while still keeping the amber lenses below. I'm just trying to keep the crusty original look while upgrading nighttime visibility. Quality is much more important than price. Also looking for LED bulb replacements. Planning on Putco unless anyone's had better luck. PFA
111247_12.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
Unless I missed it, they just have the diffused headlights, or complete sets that get rid of the amber. Everything I've gotten from them, although admittedly, not a lot, has been great, so I definitely checked.

CJunkie

Reaction score
CPA sells complete sets, and I thought they just sold headlights but maybe not. I am not convinced they are any better quality than other sellers though. Other than that, every "brand" is the same cheap stuff.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Gnathv

Reaction score
They look good and give much better light but the set I just installed had junk adjusters. Had to take them out and use the adjusters from the old set. They look identical to the set you posted. I bought the entire corner set, headlight, parking light, turn signal. That was where it got interesting.
1. Junk adjusters
2. Bulb mount on parking lights too thick for socket to mount had to sand down thickness with dremel.
3. This was the head scratcher. The driver side turn signal socket would not go into mounting hole and seat. After looking and comparing to original light I realized the 3 sided slots cut for socket were a mirror image of what it should be. It would have mounted from the front but not the back. Fortunately the bulb socket could be dremeled to fit. The passenger side was fine.

Even with all the modifications I do like the looks and especially the better light output.

Wayne

Reaction score
Looks good Gnathy. Thanks for the warning I ended up ordering a set of just headlights off LMC. I'll report on initial quality when they arrive. I'm keeping the factory turn signals and markers.

Wayne

Reaction score
Ok. Headlights are finally done. The ones from LMC ended up being the Chinese DEPO brand CAPA certified ones, which seem pretty good. Certainly better than a lot I've seen on ebay. Here's the P/n if anyone wants to eliminate a middle man. They are the headlight housings and bulbs only. I didn't want to replace the turn signals or markers, so this worked out good, at least so far.

new_headlights_box.jpg

ORIGINALS
old_headlights.jpg

UPDATED LMC/DEPO installed
new_headlights.jpg

They came with standard sylvania bulbs. I ordered putco LEDs but haven't gotten them yet. Light pattern seems good.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Looks very nice Wayne!! I have been clear coating the aftermarket headlights and that seems to help keep them from getting moisture inside the lens so fast.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've still got a ton of stuff in the works. I just put in new S&B cab mounts, arp head studs, and 250/80 unlimited injectors. It already had a driven diesel e fuel system, as well as '00 super duty turbo and intercooler system with a hacked down pipe. It was an easy fix with the cab in the air though. Axles are from an '05 F250 gasser that came with 4.10's. RYD motorsports suspension kit with Icon 2.5" coils and OUO coil levelers, diff covers, rear axle truss, radius arms, and traction bars/blocks, plus deaver rear springs (from an '08+ truck, extended length) give it a lift of 6". Shocks are just the standard Fox 2.0 IFP performance series. front axle truss and stabilizers on their way too. It definitely need rear air bags, but I haven't figured out what to do there yet. All I know for sure is it's getting them because the super soft ride of the deavers also destroys the weight capacity. I'll have to share pics when I've got the cosmetics done, especially the interior. I pulled off all the pinstripes since they were looking a bit rough, and had the whole truck buffed. New factory replica stripes are going on next week. Bushwacker street flares have been at the paint shop for about a month now, while they continue with the excuses. polished diamond plate bed caps are on order, but keep getting shipping screwed up. New carpet, 2500 watt inverter, and new katzkin leather all waiting for me to find the time to install. I also got a steering wheel rebuilt by craft customs that's supposed to be in this week. The only important thing I haven't dealt with yet is steps. I've blown enough money on it recently that I'm needing to put on the spending brakes for a minute. I'm planning on amp steps, but waiting until my wife decides it's too much effort to climb in with no steps and 38" tires

shop.jpg

rear_axle1.jpg

front_suspension1.jpg

Reaction score
I’m planning on getting those clear lense headlights and putting Morimoto LED projectors in them. Gotta have airbags on the back to keep it level so I don’t blind folks.
Like you I have about 30k into the truck and took more stuff apart last time I worked on it lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.