best intake?

Atsah

Reaction score
I always hear that, i can have my stock intake out in 2 minutes tops

I hear the same a lot... It's not a big deal taking it apart you just need to try different ways of doing it.. My first time I wanted to run it over with the truck..

lifted350

Reaction score
^^^ LOL I agree, I hated stock intakes when I started working on these thing's, once you find the trick in and out no problem at all.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I'm running an s&b love it. I think ford wanted 70$ for the stock filter so I figure 200$ I could flow some more air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
i ordered the s&b. it was funny to read some of the reviews, like this one guy said it was hard to install and it took him 2-3 hours haha

2wd-fire

Reaction score
The stock one is such a bitch to change, its worth the money to replace it for that reason alone, to me....

Lol I have a airaid and it's harder to change than the stock one. When you work on stock 6.0 a lot I gotten really good at getting the stock one out fast.

dasboot

Reaction score
in mine I replaced the stock filter with the AFE prodry. I got the filter thjat fits in the stock filter housing. I'm no expert but with that change I could tell the difference in the way the truck performed. No hard facts about anything here.
Now my question here is. Looking at the stock filter housing and where it sucks in air, the air flow is very restricted at the front and the housing air intake is not that big. How much difference would it be if I got and after market house that had a bigger opening or one the filter was more exposed to air under the hood?
I been pondering about cutting more or a bigger hole in the front of the in take side of the stock filter house to let in more air.

smokedout250

Reaction score
in mine I replaced the stock filter with the AFE prodry. I got the filter thjat fits in the stock filter housing. I'm no expert but with that change I could tell the difference in the way the truck performed. No hard facts about anything here.
Now my question here is. Looking at the stock filter housing and where it sucks in air, the air flow is very restricted at the front and the housing air intake is not that big. How much difference would it be if I got and after market house that had a bigger opening or one the filter was more exposed to air under the hood?
I been pondering about cutting more or a bigger hole in the front of the in take side of the stock filter house to let in more air.

The mod you are referring to is call a zoo zad mod

Before
-2359-4C8D-99C1-C795E3CC9AD7-6664-000006E6D7FA6EC3.jpg

After the mod
-CF5C-4336-8FC2-FCDFCA22FC4A-6664-000006E6853B3C8D.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online