Best OEM flash? Also, time for studs and gaskets?

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
I also posted this on the other site and then decided to come here so, sorry for that. Anyway,I just traded for an '04 King Ranch F-350. I own a shop and have the capability to do flashes just like the dealer. Dont thnk I can do any earlier flashes. What is the best factory flash? Not sure what the truck has now. I do not want a tuner (right now anyway)

This truck has not been studded. EGR not blocked yet. 7 degree difference between EOT and ECT. I have an electronic pressure transducer for my Snap-on Verus. I hooked it to the degas bottle today and drove about 20 miles. It never pukes water, but the pressure climbed to 15 psi pretty quickly and would spike above 16 when I got on the throttle. No steam or water out the exhaust even after sitting. Pressure drops from 15 to 11 when idling pretty fast. Drops to 5 after shutting the engine off and sitting for awhile. No steam on startup. No water under egr valve. Am I in the early stages of gasket failure? I work on these for my customers all the time, but its a little different since it is my own truck. I usually dont see them until they are puking badly. I traded a beat up e99 for this truck, so if I have to do the heads i will still feel ok about the trade, just would like to wait a little while if I can. I think the guy wanted to trade because the engine was missing real bad. It needed an injector. I had a set of cores layin around that I knew had at least 6 good units in it. So I got that fixed for nothin.

Should I go ahead and do the heads now, or am I freakin out over nothing?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.