best rebuild kit/where to buy

jrex2506

Reaction score
ok so getting my 6.0 motor torn apart in the next week. its at 135k so while its out I figured I would go through freshen everything up. where is the best place to get a rebuild kit. ive seen those on ebay and some other sites but kinda skeptical.
also where is a good place to get a turbo rebuild kit.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The frd rebuild kits arent too bad if i remember right. However, what are your plans and budget? Since you are rebuilding it is now the time to put some pistons and rods in it for future fun? Maybe a cam? Just a thought....

I am kicking myself now for not putting a cam and lifters in when i had mne torn apart about 6 months ago...

jrex2506

Reaction score
OK ya I'm wanting to put new pistons n so forth. I think I have a bearing going bad so I'll do it all in there. I'll check into the ford kit.

posted from middle of no where.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I wonder if the handshaker has something to do with the failure. Like over rev

jrex2506

Reaction score
idk shavings in oil n filter sent oil off to be looked at n tear down this week. my clutch slips so no over reving but I'll be fixing that too.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Slipping clutch will cause over rev, but if the trucks been in your hands it's life I'm site it's not because of it

jrex2506

Reaction score
ya I've owned it the last 30k. I had a 03 Cummins and beat the **** outta it. and it held great. my 6.0 I've taken care of and I swear every couple months its something else. I love the truck n I like the 6.0 but its constantly something. once its torn down I will know more just didn't want to get junk stuff if I've gotta replace it. clutch is going in as well!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Im gonna clairfy that when i was saying pistons and rods, i meant aftermarket, to hold more power than stockers. The ford kit will come with stock everything, and has options for overbore as well. You may want to talk to the machine shop prior to purchase as they are available .010, .020, .030 over and have different sized bearings as well. Im not positive on if it comes with a crank or not, which would take the bearing question out, but piston size and all what not would be a huge issue if you purchase a kit and then need a bigger one.

Latest posts

Members online