Best waterpump

bruce

Reaction score
The only problem with the one with the built in filter is that you have to pay for it every time. Which if each one lasts 100k idk how many people will change but i'd rather have the remote coolant filter

Stroke_this

Reaction score
The only problem with the one with the built in filter is that you have to pay for it every time. Which if each one lasts 100k idk how many people will change but i'd rather have the remote coolant filter

Not sure I understand. The filter on dieselsites is serviceable. I just put the kit on fittment was good and no problems thus far.

bruce

Reaction score
Yeah but when the bearings in that one go out you have to buy another one and they are more expensive per pump, if you buy the remote coolant filter you can just buy regular oem pumps after that. Also if you get rid of the truck you can take the coolant filter off and put it on the next one

Last edited:

Stroke_this

Reaction score
Yeah but when the bearings in that one go out you have to buy another one and they are more expensive per pump, if you buy the remote coolant filter you can just buy regular oem pumps after that.

When I bought it, I didn't realize that the bearings were a issue. I got a 109k out of the original one. I think I'd be happy with similar results from this.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I like the dieselsite one but $500 for a custom set up isnt in my budget. Especially since I can buy that pump right from international for $200, then the therm for $20, and universal lower hose for $15 and a can of black engine enamel for $6 bucks and have the same set up for $250 to $260 dollars with tax included. Add the coolant filter in then (whitch I already have) for an additional $140.00 with 4 filters and your at $400 (100 bucks less still) but next time you have to change it its only $200 for the new pump. I just need a good pump with no bells and whistles as there already on the truck and currently running elc coolantalready. The one I have on there is a lifetime warranty exchange one (its 3 weeks old but new not refurbished) and is leaking right threw the front of the pump an inch before the bottom hose connector and an inch from the pulley (right threw the casting so it was made too thin in that area and seeping threw the pores). Dont want to chance that junk again.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Got to work this morning and noticed there is a puddle. Looks like its coming from the lower elbow gasket.
Mines spot clean as its 3 weeks old and can see it coming right threw the pump body. You might get lucky with a new ford o-ring for the lower inlet. Save some headache and if yours is rusty just get a new inlet too as I cleaned and painted mine and it still leaked with a new ford o-ring so had to get a new inlet too.

sniper_101

Reaction score
I bought a NAPA one with a lifetime warranty. Changed it out within 14 months. Not sure how long this next one will last, but I keep the receipt and warranty claim in the glove box...

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
That's why I didn't go to Napa. Lasr alternator didn't last 10 months. Working 2 jobs and 3 yeat old twins i dont have time to swap out somebody's junk parts.

sniper_101

Reaction score
My next will be a Ford. The stocker had 150,000 miles on it with no filtration or ELC.

I had both a bypass filter and ELC with flushes on the first NAPA pump.

Reaction score
just changed the original water pump in our IH 4700 with over 600k on it..the rubbish guy has a 95 IH with a 7.3 with 700k and hasn't changed his yet..i think being cast and having the filter right before it enters the pump is why...i also believe most IH pumps are made in the USA

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online