big problems

bnestock

Reaction score
So I took my truck to the track today and on my second pass halfway down my turbo blew apart and intercooler hose blew off and started white smoking really bad and my ect shot up to 230sh my ? For u guys is do u think I just need to replace my turbo or do yall think something else possibly was hurt? It will start up but there's loud grinding an knocking noises I'm assuming its just the turbo the motor is studded deleted and only code its throwing is a turbo code. Thanks

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Or pieces of your turbo in the engine. That turbo blowing could have sent pieces through your intercooler and into the engine

bnestock

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha well it blew the intercooler tube off the intake as soon or before the turbo blew. Thanks for the reply. I apperciate it.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
If pieces went through intercooler there really small. But never the leas pieces. Dis connect the turbo before you assume annything. Start with out turbo for a second but mind you oil is coming out the feed tube for turbo. I would think turbo is the noise your hearing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bnestock

Reaction score
Okay thanks ill do that in the am... if its just the turbo that I'm hearing should I pull the intercooler and tubes an clean, flush them out?

bnestock

Reaction score
Okay thanks, is the temp jump normal when a turbo blows like that or could that be another issue as well?

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Well its injecting the fuel with no charged air so I'd imagine.....not for sure though

2wd-fire

Reaction score
White smoke would be from the oil coming out of turbo. Sounds like you broke the shaft in half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online